Trials and Tribulations

Dedicated to Princess_Diaspro

Quentin POV

I stood in front of the mirror, adjusting my tie for the hundredth time. Alice was coming over and I wanted to be sure I looked right. Ever since Dinah and I separated, I haven't dated anyone. I was just about to put my cuff links on when the doorbell rang.

"She must be here early." I said to myself.

I made my way to the front door and opened it. To my surprise, it wasn't Alice standing there- it was Dinah.

"Hello Quentin." she said, smiling.

"Dinah. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I need your help. Sara's alive and I want to bring her home."

I stepped back in shock. She couldn't be alive-there was no way.

"That's not possible." I said.

"It is and I can prove it." she replied.

Before I could say anymore, a voice called out from the hallway.

"Quentin?"

I stepped out and saw Alice. I smiled, walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"How are you Alice?" I asked as I broke the hug.

"I'm good thank you, how are you?" she asked.

Before I could reply, Dinah wrapped her arms round my waist.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" she asked sweetly.

"Dinah, this is my girlfriend Alice. Alice, this is Dinah, my ex-wife." I said.

"Nice to meet you." Alice said.

Dinah simply nodded at her. I could tell by her facial expression that she was uncomfortable.

"Well, if you'll excuse us, we have a dinner planned." I said, detaching myself from Dinah and taking Alice's arm.

"What about..." Dinah began.

"We'll discuss it after I get back." I said before leading Alice away.

***
"What the hell was that about?" she asked me.

"It's nothing to worry about. I can take care of it." I replied.

"Anything I can do to help?" she asked.

I smiled, pulled her closer and kissed her head.

"If there is, I'll call you right away." I replied.

She nodded and we walked to the restaurant in comfortable silence. Before we could get in the door, my phone went off. I checked it- it was Dinah.

"Ex-wife?" she asked.

I nodded and she said "Why don't we go back and sort out what needs sorting. We can have a night to ourself another day."

***
"Why is she still here?" Dinah snapped.

I turned and saw Alice looking through the files in the sitting room. I took Dinah's arm and took her into the kitchen.

"She's here because she wanted to help." I replied.

"She's not welcome."

"And who decides that? This is my house and I'll decide who stays!"

I quickly went into the sitting room and sat next to Alice. She leaned into my side and we began to look through the files together.

"Hold on a minute-this doesn't look right." she said, sitting up a bit.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If you look here..." she began.

Before she could finish, the files were snatched away from her. I looked up and Dinah was standing there.

"You need to leave now." she snapped.

"But I'm only trying to help." she said.

"I don't care. I don't want you here. Get out."

"Fine."

Before I could stop her, Alice went to get her things.

"Why?" I snapped, looking at Dinah.

"You don't deserve her."

"So that's what this is about!" I snapped, standing up.

Before I could react, Dinah pressed her lips to mine. I quickly shoved her back. I heard a faint gasp behind me and saw Alice looking at me- hurt in her eyes.

"Alice, it's not what it looks like." I said.

She immediately ran out of the room and I heard the front door slam a few seconds later.

"Now that's out the way, we can get on with what's really important." I heard Dinah say.

I spun round, snatched the file from her hands and looked through it. I immediately saw what concerned Alice. I looked at Dinah with rage in my eyes.

"You lied. Why?" I asked angrily.

"Because she doesn't deserve you and I know you can do better than her."

"You're wrong! I love Alice with all my heart and nothing will change that!"

I spun round and made my way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Dinah shouted after me.

"To fix my relationship!"

I ran down the street, hoping she would listen to me and forgive me. I finally made it to her house. Before knocking on the door, I peeked in her window. I saw her sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket-crying her eyes out. It broke my heart to see her like this. I straightened up my tie and knocked the door.

"Who is it?" I heard her ask.

"It's me baby. Open the door."

No response.

I put my forehead against the door and said "Please open the door. I just want to talk."

"Start talking then." she snapped.

I sighed and said "Dinah lied about everything. What you saw was proof that she was only out to ruin us. As soon as I confronted her, she came onto me. I wouldn't do that to you baby. You know that. Please, give me another chance."

I heard faint footsteps getting closer to the door, then the lock clicking. The door swung open and I looked into the eyes of the woman I love. I could feel the tears beginning to form and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"Oh Quentin." she said, pulling me into her arms.

I immediately wrapped my arms tightly around her and began to cry.

"I'm so sorry baby. I never wanted to hurt you. I love you." I said.

We looked at each other, almost in sync. Without thinking, I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. She immediately kissed back and tightened her grip on me. We pulled apart after a few seconds and stared at eachother.

"Takeout?" she asked.

I smiled and said "Sounds like a plan."

Hi guys! I'm finally back! I apologise for being MIA for so long-I started back at school so that took priority.

If anyone has a request for me, please let me know- and for those of you waiting on your story, I have your request written down and will do my best to get them all up as soon as I can.

Have a good day everyone!

:)