Chapter two~ Armed Robbers attack.

**

I shut the door as hard as I could and then walked to my white  bed. Lying down on it exhausted. I was angry, sad and disgusted at the same time.

"How is that even possible?!" My mind queried. I shrugged and turned away still very irritated.

I squeezed the pillow my head rested on and finally out of frustration, hurled it at the door at that same moment, the door opened and mother poked her head in "Dinner is ready come and eat!" I hadn't known that time had gone so quickly "did you hear me madam! Or should I come and pull you downstairs by your braids?!" mother shouted warningly.

"Yes I heard!" I said sullenly to avoid another episode. I really wanted to give her parents a hard time by giving them cold shoulders as I had figured out they hated it but now they really didn't. Most times, they didn't even want to talk to me, as if I committed the worst sin by existing.

The door slammed hard and my phone began to ring. I picked it up from the dresser where it was charging, the caller ID read (Amaka). I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my right ear.

  "Hello. Amaka" I asked sighing

"Ahan? wetin happen?" Amaka asked

I sighed again, she knew me far too well. I couldnt even hide anything from here again.

"what do you mean?"

"You sound as if you were ran over by a big truck! As if they forced you to swallow fish bone. As if---"

"e dn do oo! Ah! What has fish bone and truck gotta do with this nau?"

"But--"

"Oya! They beat me...Period! Case closed!"

"Eiyah. Pele dear, I feel for you. I wish I could help you but don't worry all is well ."

"Yea. So what's going on with you?" just then I saw the door open and father stepped in.

"Did your mother not just call you for dinner down stairs!" He asked angrily.

"Yes daddy I know I'm just talking to a friend of mine".

"Are you mad? Can't it wait? will you get out now before I slap sense into your brain" he deadpanned

I sighed disgusted, at that moment, I just wanted to shout at him, throw my phone at him, kick him and even use the very cane he used in beating me to beat him back.

"Sorry sir" I muttered

"Come down stairs quickly. I shouldn't get there before you!!" He said walking out.

I dropped my phone on the bed by hanging up the call with Amaka hurriedly. Making a mental note to call her back and explain and apologize later.
I followed father closely behind then ran passed him down the stairs. Only for him to pull me back and hit me. "You are very stupid. Where did you come from? You're just plain useless and rude. How dare you walk passed me. No excuse me?!"

"Sorry s-" I whimpered only to get interrupted.

"Just sorry?! Are you foolish?!" He yelled driving his fist into my face. I screamed in pain feeling his hand circle tightly on a fistful of my braids. He pulled me and then pushed me down the stairs. "Shebi you want to pass me? I have helped you"

I groaned in pain, grabbing my bleeding nose. I walked into the nearest bathroom and cleaned myself before going back to the the dinning table.

I prayed in my mind and ate silently. Once I was done, I got up and walked away.