Chapter thirty- Four~ Free!!

The black range Rover screeched as it stopped in front of the abandoned building. The three girls and two police men jumped out of the car. Just then, the second badge of police came. Making the police seven in number.

"Where's the last badge?!" Dickinson asked pulling out a gun. "On their way sir" replied Sam.

"We've got no time left. Everyone. Positions."

Immediately all of them lined up, three police in front, one at the back of them Vinita, Ify and Susan behind then the last three. 

They ran into the building. As they did, a truck drove out of the driveway. Vinita spotted it and shot it's tire thrice. It halted.

She called the attention of the police and they made their way to the truck.

"Oh my..." Amaka cursed as she grabbed a gun from beneath the chair. "What are we gonna do?" Ben screamed but stopped as Amaka hushed him. "Fight mister. We're going to fight"

"Fight ten people!! Are you outta your mind??" He yelled. Her palm connected with his cheek making a loud ear splitting sound. David chuckled watching them both in amusement.

The two heads snapped in his direction but just as Amaka opened her mouth to speak a glass was broken. Ben's corner. Some if the shards went flying, then landed in his back.

He gave a yelp screaming as he tried to pull them out but to no avail. "I'm dead!" Amaka screamed as she jumped out of the car. Vinita rushed to her side but as she saw her face she screamed.

"Amaka....... No it's not you! H..How could you?! You were my best friend.... Best friend!! Y..." She was interrupted by a gun shot and she fell to the ground. Amaka pointing a gun at her was the last thing she saw.

David rushed out of the car staring in horror at her motionless body. He gave a cry. A police came. "Hands up!" He called to Amaka only to have himself shot in his abdomen by her.

"You'd pay for this! I promise!" David screamed running to her. She pointed the gun at him "if I were you, I'd stay back." She snarled, a gun shot rang in the air and she fell down with a loud thud.

"No! We can't have them dead. The ambulance!" Dickinson said rushing to The three motionless bodies on the floor.

The ambulance arrived and the four were taken to the hospital.

****

"Doctor how is she?" David asked distressed. He held on to the doctor's coat with his bandaged arm as he spoke. "Sir calm down" said the doctor.

David released shaky breath. Last time the doctor told him to calm down, his grandma died. "okay. I've calmed down"

"She wasn't killed.. or shot. The killer had missed a shot unknowingly. But she fainted out of shock. She's okay now, good enough to go home. The remaining two. We were able to perform surgery on them and got the bullet out of them, but they still remain in the hospital. The last one, Ben or something, I'm afraid he couldn't make it, the shards had cut into his....You can take your fiancée home. I know you're waiting for me to say that."

A smile tugged at David's lips. "Can I take her home now?" He asked. The doctor nodded and gestured for David to follow him.

"Rachael!" He said when he saw her laying on the bed. He literally ran to hug her. "David" she cried, a tear escaping her eyes. He wiped them off with his thumb gently. "Shhhh don't cry. You're not dead. You're alive for Susan, Ify and I." He whispered softly.

She nodded and held onto him tightly. "I can't believe it. Amaka, of all people, why? Why did she have to.." David gave her a light squeeze on her hand. "I'm shocked too, but you shouldn't worry yourself."

She modded and placed a light kiss on his cheek. "I love you" she muttered wrapping her hands around his neck then buried her head in his chest. He held onto her tightly "I love you too"

"What happened to your head? And your arm?" She asked trailing the plaster and bandages. "Isn't it obvious?? Your ex best friend and her gang" he said rolling his eyes. 

"Abeg, I never knew her! But am strong o. You should have seen your girl." She smiled. He looked at her, a taunting look on his face. "And you were the one that was forming I can fight. With all them Nike trainers and black jeans and hoodie with shades. Wehdone. You now fell down because you heard gun shot. Abi? Wehdone!" He smirked proudly, feeling so fly that he could use them Naija expressions well.

He felt that he surprised and made Rachael proud of him, but guess what?? His thoughts were WRONG. They only spelt one word in bold red. ERROR. 

She looked at him wide eyed.

He totally spoilt them Naija expressions.

Where did this one learn Wehdone from??

"You cannot even allow someone to feel fly sef. Ah!! spoiler alert!" She said feigning annoyance. She turned away and began to fiddle with her bracelet. "Rachael" David called.

No reply.

"Rachy love."

No reply.

"The sugar in my tea."

No reply

"The cockroach in my cupboard"

"Is you that is cockroach" she muttered, hissing.

He threw his head back and laughed. A hearty one. She pressed her lips tightly together, to prevent her from laughing. He always made her laugh when he laughed.

"I'm sorry. You see the truth is bitter" he smiled. She turned sharply and swatted his arm making him laugh again. "The doctor even said we can go"

She hit his head and he turned to her rubbing the spot looking at her wide eyed. "And you're just telling me shebi?! Ah you want me to die in this hospital. This dirty smell I keep inhaling. You need Jesus!" She said standing up quickly.

He laughed and stood up after her and waited outside the room for her to change.  Once she did, they went back home.

"So what's going to happen to Amaka now?" Rachael asked as she lay down on his bed. "She got shot by a police.." he began.

"What?? Is she dead?? Did they find anything??, Did..."

" Chillax. Uhm they took her to the hospital to undergo a surgery then when she gets well we'd proceed with the stuff and all" he ended. She nodded as a tear slipped down her face.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "Nothing, it's just..it's just how people you trust can betray you easily. How they can be so backstabbing and can even plot evil against you. I can't just.... It's hard to believe and.."

"Shh. It's okay." He said engulfing her in a big hug.

***

Aww things are back to normal. But not for long! Hehehe! Anyways please press that shinning star down there and comment o!

You can post this on your profile to y'know get people you think would love the book. For all of you who have been supportive of this book, God is watching you. And he'd definitely bless you. 😉

Oya vote o so that your blessing will be increasing. Jk Jk it will increase anyhow but still please vote and comment. 😀

Who wants Samuel back?? 😏😏

Gosh! I'm so bad in writing all them criminal chasing stuff abi what's the word? But you know, just wanted to Vinita some of those vibes.

I'd start editing this book from the beginning soon and still be expecting my new book; COLD. It's coming soon o!

See y'all in the next chapter sha!