Twenty-six~ Amaka? (short chapter alert!)

"Ma'am? There's an emergency, a woman in a car accident, we need to help her like right now" said Jade in her British accent, bursting into my office, panting.

"Okay then, get the emergency committee ready, tell Mr. Sanjay to get the instrument ready" I said, she nodded and ran out while I walked out of the office behind her.

I saw the bed which was being dragged which the patient covered in blood lying on it. I swallowed, and followed them.

"Mrs. Esther? The instruments are getting ready, take the patient to the emergency room now." I said. She nodded and pushed the bed towards the room.

The instruments were brought in as well as the emergency committee.

The operation began and it took about two hours before we were done and she regained consciousness.

"W..Where am I..I?" She asked, her voice shaky and raspy. "Hello dear" I said trying to be as cheerful as possible.

"You're in the hospital, you're healing. You almost died but God healed you"

"Oh. Thanks God." She said tears slipping down her face

"ma'am there's no need to cry, you shouldn't stress yourself so that your healing would take place faster"

She nodded and I cleaned her tears. Before I knew it, she slept.

I went out and ordered ice blocks for her to lick so her throat wouldn't be too dry.

In the afternoon, she woke up coughing. "M..My throat.."

We got to the ice blocks and made her lick it till she felt better.

"H..Have we met before?" She asked. "Nah, I'm not sure. I look familiar?"

"Yes. You look like my high-school best friend who ran away, according to her parents. She was a Christian, her parents were atheist who abused her for her religion" she said

"W..what?!" I was dumbfounded. I couldn't speak, I opened my mouth but no words came out.

Yes I wanted to meet Amaka, but I didn't think it'd be this soon. Or this way.

"It's you V.. Vinita." She said.

"Amaka..."