Chapter three~ Church..........

Unfortunately for me, neither Dad nor mom was around when I got home, they probably traveled or something. The fact that I said unfortunately, doesn't mean I am scared. trust me.

"That's what they'd say o! You'd now see them in the night covering themselves with duvet and crying that there is monster in front of their room"

"Shut up" I hissed. I showered and changed into sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt that says. 'I slay' I tied my braids up in a pony tail, leaving one falling at each sides. Babyish? *Smirks*

Since I was tired, I lay down on the bed to rest. "Before you know it now, from resting you'd become sleeping beauty."
An hour and thirty minutes later, I woke up.

I went to my phone which was charging. 89% "Na wa for this phone. How long does it take to charge? Eighty nine percent since how long?" I unplugged it and sat on the bed. I unlocked it and watched as a new message popped up.

I tapped on it and found out it was from mom

We're at Abuja. We'd be back tomorrow evening. You know the rules of the house already.

I dropped my phone and went to the kitchen for lunch. "Good evening Mrs. Timmy" I greeted the house keeper. Timilehin. "Ah. Good afternoon, Rachael. How are you?"

"I'm fine". Mrs. Timmy was literally the only person who actually called me by my middle name Rachael. And I loved the name. It was a biblical name, but my parents probably didn't know that. "Em....so what am I eating?"

Mrs. Timmy smiled wiping her hands clean. "Fried rice and chicken. There is some orange juice too. Five alive. Take it too with the food. Em lemme serve you" so quickly, the plump woman began to fish out the food. And then washed a glass cup. And set them all up on the food tray.

"Oya let's go" she said. But I insisted on carrying it myself. My hands weren't made for fancy and admiration. "I can carry it Na?"

"Ehn? Mmba (no). Not when I'm here. Lemme help you just go to the dinning room I'm behind you" so after arguing Mrs. Timmy won. She carried the food tray, although I pouted all through the walk to the dinning hall.

Whilst eating, I received a call from Susan.
"Hello?" I said into the phone

"Hey, Vinita. Em I heard your parents are in Abuja, do you mind coming to church with me this evening? We have a program."

My heart leaped. Definitely I wanted to come to church but I was hesitant. What would Mrs. Timmy do? What if mom and dad found out? I didn't want to but at the same time wanted to go to church with susan

"Hello?" Said Susan again "Vinita? Are you still there?"

Then I realized I hadn't replied. Hastily, I said "yes, yes I am. OK. I'm coming with you. What time?"

"By 6:30"

"sure.... I'd be there"

That was it. There was no going back. I had to go to church no matter what. I didn't bother finishing my food when I realized It was already 5:47. I wiped sweat from my forehead.

I ran to my room and opened the closet. I scanned it. Finally I picked a white dress, that had some pink, black and golden floral designs on it,  and some flat shoes. I picked up a designer sling bag and stuffed it with money, my phone, a small notepad and a pen.

"Aunty. Timmy, I'm going out with my friends. I'd be back soon" I called hoping she won't press the issue further.

"Ah where are you going to?" Mrs. Timmy called back "Someplace. I'd be back soon by around sevenish. Take care"

"OK no problem take care of yourself, abi (or) should I call one of the bodyguards. Samuel!"

"Nonono! I'm, I'm good.... o.. on my own. Don't worry no one is kidnapping me. Shebi I have voice? If they try nonsense I'd scream and even kick them." I said forcing a smile, hoping Mrs. Timmy would drop it. "Okay then bye bye"
She waved.

I went out. And called a taxi driver. I knew the place well. "Agindingbi." I smiled. "Em that's is one thousand naira. The place far well well." he said. I handed him the money and sat in the taxi.

I didn't have the strength to start arguing or pricing.

Once we got to church, I spotted Susan and her family. "Good evening Mrs and Mr. Williams. Hello Susan, hey David."

"Good evening Jare. Ah ah? Vinita. You have grown oo. How are you? " Mrs. Williams smiled. I smiled at her  "Fine." I felt someone touch me and turned it was David. "Hey" the eighteen year old smiled, I returned his smile. David was cute and I couldn't deny it. His perfect smile, well structured body, his white teeth everything.

I must say, the girl who gets him would be lucky.

"hi" Susan hugged me tightly "I'm glad you made it Vinny!" She smiled. The service started and we a went into the church.

It started with a five minute prayer, led my the youth pastor and then a thirty minute praise and worship led by the church choir. After that the message by Pastor. Lekan. "Praise God church"

"Hallelujah!!"

"Praise God church!"

"Hallelujah!!!!"

"Please get up and shake hands with them brothers and sisters tell them you are welcome. As you're leaving, you will not find a hand to carry your bag, because your hand will be filled with blessings, too much to carry" everyone got up and began to give each other a hand shake and hugs exchanging pleasantries at the same time.

Once they were settled, the pastor continued. "I'm glad you could make it to the service. Today's topic is 'Peter' yes we're studying Peter." He flipped the page of an exercise book. " Em let me give you a brief description of Peter... Simon Peter, brother of...."

After service, I stood up and was heading to the door when someone called my name. I knew the voice. Then it dawned on me and immediately I stopped dead on my tracks.

I turned "hello Uncle. Kayode" he stared at me trying to process who he was seeing "wetin you dey do for dis church?! Shebi your papa say he no want you near church and here you be (what are you doing in this church?! Didn't your dad say he didn't want you close to any church and here you are)!!"" He said.

I turned around, not bothering to day a word but ran as far as my legs could take then stopped a taxi. "V.. Victorian island" I stuttered.

Immediately I got home, I ran into my room and locked the door. "Yey! I'm gone. He's going to tell mummy and daddy."

'5, 4, 3, 2, 1...." my phone rang. The caller ID read dad. My hands shook as I picked the call. "Are you mad?!" Her father's voice rang. He knew. Mr. Kayode told him

"Church!!! You know what?! I'm coming home now!" I heard shuffling in the background and the call ended. I didn't know what to do. Why why why?! Why did I go to church?!! 

Not knowing what else to do...I cried myself to sleep. It felt like my life had crumbled in front of me.

**

Please tap on that star button on the left down there, it's so pretty shebi? (Right?) Mhmm. Yeah so tap it :) also comment down below and share this book too

Luv Y'all

Bye!💕