Chapter Fourteen~Christmas.

"Aunty Nita Get up!!" Lolade screamed in my ears making me flinch.

The girl can shout for Africa sha.

I opened my eyes only to have them shut back as I wasn't at all ready for the sunlight pouring into my room. They shook me again making me groan. They were disturbing me so much "Aunty Nita it's Christmas!!" Bolade added still shaking me.

Who told you I didn't know?

Suddenly she jumped on me with so much force making me shout

What kind of weight did she even posses?

"yey!" I sat up immediately and looked at them. Something caught my eye and I looked around.

My room! Holy Jesus! Who did this?!

My room was now decorated with Christmas stuff, there was a mini Christmas tree standing in the middle of it. Some red and green materials were hanging on the fan and curtains. Whilst a red ribbon was tied to the door handle. A ladder was at the corner of the room

"Yey" I screamed again "you have killed me! Biko who did this?"

The girls smirked at me proudly as if they'd just won the lottery.

"we did. Do you like it?" No! I wanted to scream at them but considering the fact that they used their efforts to do it and it would be heart breaking for them if I just said no, I nodded. And mumbled "pretty"

They beamed at me and shook hands with each other. In case you didn't know, they had their 'secret handshake' whenever they did it too much, I always complained but they kept saying it was the twin connection which I don't understand. And trust me when I say their own connection is on another level.

I got out of bed after I made or literally begged them to leave my room and began to arrange my room after which I took my bath. I changed into a white gown, with black buttons and wore black flip flops.

I so didn't have any energy. All I wanted was to sleep. I walked downstairs lazily to the kitchen and began to prepare breakfast. We all ate break fast, gisting.

"So," Mrs funke began but Bolade cut her off. "No talking while eating mummy" she said. Lolade dropped her cutlery and looked at her sister. "You what are you doing now? You don't know if mummy wants to tell us that she would be chocolate for us."

Immediately Bolade turned to her mother, with guilt and concern written on her features. "Mommy fashy what I said, talk sef." She begged.

I laughed and so did Mrs. Funke. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. "Na wa!" I said. "You want chocolate shebi?" Mrs funke asked and immediately the twins nodded. "What about the gifts you got have they finished?"

The shook their head and Mrs. Funke hissed. "You still want more, abeg lemme joor." Then she laughed again.

"So what's up at uni?" Mrs. Funke asked.

"Nothing really. Just normal school girl, normal school life and abnormal friends." I said earning a laugh from her.

"Abnormal friends?"

"Yup! My friends are one hundred percent abnormal. No body can beat them" I smiled

"Ah I see. So no fine boy?"

I blushed and looked away from her. I had intentionally left out Samuel or boys and here she was, pushing me into the topic.

"From your expressions I see there was. Or are"

"Mrs. Funke!" I screamed giggling

"What?!" She smiled. She knew what she was doing. This woman sha.

"Fine boys are nice" Bolade piped in. "You know daddy was a fine man"

"IS. he still is wherever he is at" Mrs. Funke said with watery eyes all of a sudden. the atmosphere tensed up and everyone kept staring at each other in silence.

The door bell rang breaking the awkward silence and I immediately got to open it. It was Aunty funke's mother and father then her two sisters who came with their children and finally her brother.

"Yay! Mummy Anita is here! Mummy Tunmise! Daddy David! Anita!! Bisola!! Tunmise! Folake! Oladosun! Hansley! Daniel! Oya let's go and play!"

The children went to their room and I had no choice but to follow them to ensure they were safe.

Later, we cooked our Christmas rice and ate before taking the twins and their cousins along with their parents, and their Grandparents to Hi impact planet. We all had fun, it was just bae. Especially the part where I was eating drumstick (a part of the chicken.)

Christmas was good mehn. That night I slept with a big tummy.

**

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel : "Just Amaka"
Follow me on my social media
Instagram: _amaka.aa