thirty-six: impossibilities

"I think ot was outta shock"

"Obviously."

"But no seriously I can't believe it though"

"Her dad is back!!"

Three different voices spoke, I could detect a male voice, David's, then Susan's and Ify's. My throat was very dry, I stretched my arm a little and coughed.

"Guys guys she's waking up" David said as my eyes fluttered open lazily. He reached out to me and hugged me tightly "pumpkin I'm sorry".

A smile coiled up my lips "pumpkin?" I mused. He nodded "pumpkin. don't you like it?"

"Eh it's OK. How bout Birdie or something?"

"Nah, pumpkin."

"It's not only pumpkin, it's kinsmen. Abeg make unna finish fast I wan talk to my best Fran." Ify commented rolling her eyes. We all laughed.

There was no dulling moment when Ify was around.

"So.." I began then moments of what happened flooded back into my head. "My dad's got cancer?"

"Your ex dad." Susan corrected. She was really vexed at my parents for what they did and was in love with the new ones. I couldn't blame her though.

"Yeah. My ex dad. I..I can't perform that surgery." I blurted out tears streaming down my face. Who wouldn't cry?? It was almost impossible for me to forgive him but I was feeling guilty. and I had no idea why.

"What?? Sisteh, you'd go in there and perform the surgery cause you're okay. Mr. Wole would die of not attended to now." Ify said frowning.

I got out of the bed and ran out of the room, I needed space to breathe and calm myself down, my dad was back... EX dad.

"Rachael!" They called behind me but I didn't care, I kept running, then out of the house down the streets, I know it's very unusual to seen a Nigerian person do this except you're so posh and all but I had no choice.

I kept running away from my fears and I couldn't help it.

Three words stayed glued to my head and bi matter how much I tried to shake it off, it stuck there.

Dad is back!

*****

David found me by four thirty in the evening and literally carried me all the way back home. I couldn't fight it obviously because even in my state, who's miss being carried in bridal style by your lover??

Obviously not me.

I sighed inhaling the scent oozing out of him. It was strong, yet nice and captivating. I wrapped my hands around his neck and slept as he carried me.

I sent you message??

Abeg me am tired jare!!

Once we got home, he lay me down on the bed, took off my my slipper and jacket, switched on the heater, covered me with the comforter and left the room. Without saying a word.

Okay except.

I love you.

Immediately he left the room, I jumped out of the bed, I began pacing around the room, I couldn't let go just like that.

I was going to carry our the surgery. Fine but,

My ex dad, needed to suffer the consequences of maltreating and sending me out of the house just like that, and I for one wasn't ready to just say.

"I forgive you daddy"

God! I couldn't imagine myself doing that, that was IMPOSSIBLE.

It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I can't just let go..

And I won't.

____________

Forgive and forget na?? Hehehe OK but who thinks this babe should kukuma forgive her papa??

All of you chill your blood sha, the main stuff is coming up soon.

Decided to update four in a row cuz I've finished with the book already

Four more chappies! 🎉🎊🎋🎆

Please vote, comment, share and follow me.

Thanks a lot guys! Bye!