A Game Of Chess// 2minsung

A Game Of Chess

2minsung (Minho x Seungmin x Jisung)

genre: fluff

Status: 2min are established

words: 4027

When it was just Minho and Seungmin, everything was pure, white, and hazy.

For them, the blood-red world was something that could be covered by the innocence of snow and pearls with not even a hint of a shadow anywhere. When they walked together, hand in hand, side by side, there wasn't any other worries except for making sure they had enough food in the fridge and enough money for rent. Nothing else mattered when they were stuck in the presence of the other and it was entirely blissful. They never wanted it to change. They didn't like change. Everything in their lives was far from perfect, but for them, it was enough, and Kim Seungmin and Lee Minho didn't want to risk losing it for even a second.

As dark as it may sound, maybe even obsessive, it was well known that they were willing to drop anything that might jeopardize everything they have. Moreover, it was for good reason. The two had been through hell and back trying to get back up on their feet with their fingers clasped together. Seungmin had to come out to his unbearably religious parents, and ultimately got kicked out onto the streets and was pretty much left for dead. He went days at a time without eating, permanent sores on the bottom of his feet when he had to walk on the hot pavement for three weeks straight because some asshole took his shoes, and faced ridicule from pretty much everyone that passed him on the street. His skin still stings from the memory of the amount of scolding coffees thrown at him when he looked at someone for a second too long.

But then Minho came along with his perfect white teeth and melodic giggle, and Seungmin fell a little too hard. Minho was in the same predicament he was in but the reasons why... they were a little different. Even from a young age, Minho had faced cruel aggression from both his parents and classmates. He came from a rich family with high expectations and Minho just... didn't meet those expectations. Minho got involved with the wrong people and got hooked on drugs, and one thing lead to another and Minho was suddenly traveling to Seoul from Gimpo on foot after getting kicked out of college and his apartment being burned down.

They found each other behind a rich restaurant, Seungmin having planned to raid the dumpster for mildly fresh food but someone had already beaten him to it. Except, he was struggling to get inside and Seungmin felt kind of bad because the man just looked so... small. Obviously, Seungmin scared Minho to absolute bits but after a few hushed whispers, Seungmin helped Minho into the dumpster and the two began to pick apart the trash bags where they found a whole box of uneaten breadsticks. Minho kindly offered Seungmin half of the box of breadsticks and the two took off running in the same direction when they heard the door open and screams for them to stop. That was a good night.

After that, they just never really left each other's side. They helped each other out to the best of their abilities, and Minho showed Seungmin how to not only survive but live. They became a team of two, a duo that locals were starting to fear because somehow, someway, they were beginning to worm themselves inside with jobs to steal items of value while earning money at the same time. Yet, no one ever seemed to learn their faces. They were good at what they did, and even as they sit in a good apartment with a full fridge and nice clothes on their backs, they never once stopped doing what they were so good at.

The idea is that, yes, they look different and may come off as different, but they were entirely the same and they just fit so well. They were made for each other, like a king and a queen in a game of chess except there is no queen because they're gay. When push comes to shove, they run the kingdom they've built with their six other friends, and there was absolutely no way they would allow anyone else to interfere with their success. At least that's how it was before December 11th, two weeks before Christmas, and they were met with a situation they weren't entirely expecting.