TWENTY

Gabrielle didn't even notice the kind gesture, until she'd finished picking up her clothes and stood up bumping her head with the umbrella.

"Oh, thanks." She said shyly to the stranger, who for some reason was still smirking at the younger girl. "Are you gonna give me a lift or not?" She asked impatiently. To which he chuckled, nodding at the girl before walking over to the boat, leaving her in the rain because she didn't immediately follow him.

The cold water hitting her skin, made her run to where he was holding the umbrella, wanting to be dry again. As the two stepped below deck of the boat, Gabrielle got a sense of deja vu. The boat reminded her exactly of Bills, making her gulp. Gabrielle placed her bag of wet clothes on the bed, assuming that's where she'd be sleeping.

"Oh no, I'll sleep out here, you can stay in there, it's more comfortable." The man said smiling for the first time at the red head. This caused the girl to smile as well.

"Are you sure? I don't mind sleeping out here." Gabrielle said, she didn't want to make him uncomfortable in his own boat. He shook his head, indicating it was fine. "We can share?" She offered, really not wanting her host to sacrifice his back for her.

"You'd share with a stranger?" He asked confusedly smiling at the younger.

"It wouldn't be the first time I shared a bed with someone I just met." Gabrielle said nonchalantly, heading into the back room, hoping he would follow. He did. However the face he held made Gabrielle realised what she said wrong.

"Not like that!" She laughed yelled, hiding her face in embarrassment. "We'll share." She said making the decision for him, she really didn't care as she'd already shared with Bill.

"I'm Gabrielle, by the way." She said looking towards him, as he just watched her hang her clothes out indoors. It was still raining outside.

"I'm James." He said, tearing his eyes off her and to her suitcase so it looked like he wasn't staring. However Gabrielle had already noticed; it made her smile.