TWENTY THREE

Dear Donna,

I miss you so much, I can't wait to see you and little Sophie again. London is the same old London I left. I miss the adventure you would always bring, but I met someone who brings me just as much excitement, that's not important. I ran into an old friend of ours. I've also sent a picture of me and him together. God, I wish I'd talked to him when we met him, he's a great guy. Although, he was quite disheartened by your note. When he asked about you, it was hard not bringing up Sophie but I managed, I promised I wouldn't tell them if I saw them, however I never expected to see any of them ever again. I hope you're doing great, and I hope this letter gets to you okay. Don't want it being weeks late. I miss you Donna, I love you lots.

Your loving and adoring best friend, because I totally am.
Gabrielle xx

Donna stood with Sophie in her arms, the post was coming today and she hoped a letter from Gabrielle would be in there. Suddenly, a smell hit Donnas nose, she rolled her eyes immediately knowing what Sophie had done and went upstairs to fix the little situation.

"Mail!" The postman shouted, gaining Donnas attention. Of course it would come when Donna was busy.

"Just leave it on the fireplace." Donna yelled down the stairs to the postman, him doing as she said. He placed them, leaning against the wall, causing one of the letters to fall down the back of the fireplace not to be seen for years.

When Donna came down she was disappointed to not see a letter from Gabrielle. She assumed the girl had forgotten about her, leading her to not send anything in return.

The lack of letters from Donna also led Gabrielle to believe something was wrong not sending anymore. The two gradually drifted from each others minds, not to be thought about again.

Sophie grew up without a godmother, but Gabrielle and Donna grew up without their closest friend.

- the end -