Not Again

Kakashi had decided to teach the Genin how to use chakra on their feet to climb trees, it was a pretty straightforward concept. But...of course, they were having trouble with it, they were having difficulty focusing their chakra. Sakura was getting the hang of it, she was sitting up in a tree near me watching Naruto and Sasuke struggle to accomplish what she has already.

"You've done a good job so far, Sakura. I'm really proud of you," I say to her with a smile,

"You're going to grow into an excellent Kunoichi."

"You really think so? Maybe I'll be even stronger than you!" she replies with a wide smile of her own.

I look back down to the other two, who were still struggling,

"I wouldn't doubt it for a second."

~

I stuck my hands in my pockets as I walked slowly, I've gone out from Tazuna's home again because I haven't been able to sleep well tonight. It was around midnight, so it was dark out already. But I didn't mind, I could see pretty well in the dark. There was just something I couldn't get off my mind, why would I be getting more of Okuri's chakra?

I didn't understand it, the only way it would happen is if my seal was weakening. Then again, Kakashi had assured me that it was fine. I just couldn't shake the feeling that he missed something, and Okuri really was starting to weaken the seal.

Shaking my head, I paused my walk and looked around. I've already gone pretty far from Tazuna's house, I think it's time to head back before they start wondering where I've wandered off to. I heaved a sigh as I changed my direction and started heading back.

But...that was when I heard it. That awful...dreadful, voice in my head that I hated so much,

'Did you miss me?'

I froze in my tracks, and my heart felt like it stopped. There was no way, not in a million years, at least...that's what I thought. My thoughts seemed shaky as I reply,

'You can't b-be talking to me right now.'

The voice laughed, then smugly says,

'Oh, really? You couldn't possibly think that the seal would hold me back forever, did you? That blonde man was stupid if he thought it would keep me quiet.'

'Don't call him stupid! He's not, he...was an amazing man.'

I leaned against one of the trees as pain shot through my head and Okuri says,

'Whatever, time to take back what's mine.'

Pain shot through my whole body, it felt like I was on fire, like I was burning but there was nothing I could do to stop it. I knew the feeling all too well, but I wasn't about to hand over my body to him. Not again. I'm not giving in to him, not while I can still fight against his will.

I pushed away from the tree and started running back to Tazuna's home, I need Kakashi to fix my seal again, and fast. My vision was going blurry and I felt myself growing more and more tired by the second. God, I really wanted to just fall over and die right then. But I wasn't going to, I'm not letting him screw up my life again.

Yet the pain continued growing, it was starting to become unbearable. It got so bad that I actually ended up tripping over my own feet and hitting the ground hard, I was so disoriented that I didn't even realize what happened.

I clutched at my chest desperately, I wouldn't be able to make it back to Tazuna's home now. There was no way I'll be able to move through all this pain. I knew I was crying, I could feel the tears sliding down my cheeks, all I could do was writhe around on the ground, wishing it would all just stop.

And it did just that, because the next thing I knew, everything went dark.