prolouge

Y/n and jungkook were inseparable. They spent every spare second together until their parents forced them to leave each other and come home for the evening. Every once in a while they would have sleepovers and watch movies and giggle until one of their mothers told them to go to bed.

Y/n:
"Jungkookie good night." I whispered to the boy next to me. I saw him smile softly.
"Good night Y/n dream about me ok?" I felt myself fall deep into slumber and I knew I wasn't going to wake up. However I couldn't face the inevitable and my young ten year old body woke bright and early. Jungkook was already awake and standing at my window looking out.
"Y/n I am gonna miss you when we can't be together every day." He says to me laying down next to me in my small bed.
"I don't wanna think about that now jungkook okay?" I say as he sighs.
"I'm serious what would I do without my baby." He coos and it caused me to roll me eyes.
"Your such a weirdo." I say as he hugs me.
"I'm hungry let's go eat." I nudge him and start down the stairs of my home.
"Y/n today is a big day for your father so please behave alright?" My mom says as I sigh nodding my head.
"I know mom don't remind me."
My dad was finally taking over my grandpas company. It was a big deal. This company has been in my family for generations and is turning into a large corporate franchise. I was just glad not to be the first born sibling in my family. My older brother Darren was going to take over the industry once he was old enough. I sighed as I ate my breakfest with jungkook. I motioned for him to follow me as I walked him home.
"Jungkookie I need to tell you something important." I say as he turns his head to look at me.
"What's up?" He asks concerned.
"I won't be able to see you anymore." I said as his eyes had tears forming in them.
"What why that doesn't make any sense Y/n?" He says as I felt a tear slide down my cheek.
"My grandpas company is based in Seoul. We're flying out in a few hours for my dads inauguration. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier I just wanted us to have the best last day together ever." I cried as the eleven year old boy embraced me in his arms.
"Y/n I'm going to miss my best friend." He cried as I nodded.
"I'm going to miss you to Jungkookie. Good bye I love you." I say as I hold his hand. I tried to let go but he stopped me.
"It's not a good bye silly. Just a see you later." He smiles and pulled me in for one last hug. I smile as hug him back. I release from the hug making sure not to look back at the crying boy that's standing on the street heartbroken that his best friend is leaving him.

present day seoul: age 18

I was finally graduated from high school and starting college. I wasn't sure what was to come next for me but i knew that once Darren decided he's ready then my dad is going to let him handle the company. It's odd to think that my dad honestly hasn't been in charge for long and already is waiting for Darren to agree. He recently just finished his graduate degree in business management which was a big deal to my family. I was also starting college which was super important. I wanted to major in something I was interested in. I was always interested with music producing and was currently applying for internships with large music companies. I didn't know what was going to happen with them but I was hoping that after college and doing an internship with the company I would be able to get a full time job. I knew however that my parents were annoyed with my decision but always reminded me I have a position in the company I should worry about filling in as. I didn't want to the the Vice President of the company once my brother took over. I wanted to be a music producer or an idol. I was always musically skilled since I was a young girl. I know how to play the piano and the violin. One thing that changed after moving to Seoul was the kids I went to school with. I was in a private school for elite children who were super smart. I wasn't the best at school so I usually acted out and didn't get good grades. It's a miracle I was able to even get into college. I am majoring in music as Seoul university. My phone lit up as I saw an email notification pop up.

Miss Y/n, we are humbled to tell you that BigHit Entertainment has accepted your application to be a music producing intern. We have a producer set to teach you and give you advice and of course evaluate your music producing skills. If you want to accept please do so Incase we need to find another applicant to choose. I am also happy to tell you that the boys here are excited to work with you on there upcoming album especially are golden Maknae.

Mr.bang
producer
ceo of bighit entertainment

I immediately responded with a yes and was sent the details of my new internship. I was absolutely stunned and called Darren as quickly as possible.

d: hello?
Y/n: I got the internship!
D: my baby sister is the most talented music genius of course she got it
Y/n: I am absolutely shook to the core Darren.
D: well I have a business call I love you and congratulations.

He hung up on me quickly but I get it. He's always busy now. I never have time to spend with him or my father. My mom is always at charity events as well making me look like a shitty member of this family. Honestly though I am just glad that I was able to do what I want and follow my dreams not my parents dreams.

I'm back and wow I haven't written in a long long time. I wanted to because I feel like writing is something that helps me express my feelings. I hope you all enjoy the new Jungkook story.