Chapter 8

Tonight was the night of Slughorns dinner. The day had passed rather quickly as it was already almost seven in the evening, meaning that the dinner would be starting soon.
Andrew informed you that the club was fairly small, only having about ten members of which the majority were Slytherins. It came to no surprise as Slughorn had many favourites in the house.

You stood in front of the mirror, smoothening down your dress as Nancy curled your hair from behind. The dress complimented your figure perfectly, hugging your curves in all the right places while flaring our slightly as it ended just before your knees. The vibrant royal blue material accentuated your (e/c) eyes, making them sparkle in the light. You had told Nancy not to apply too much make up as you wanted to look formal but effortless at the same time. She happily agreed and applied some pale glitter eyeshadow on your lids, some natural pink lip-gloss and mascara.

"Damn (y/n) you look gorgeous" she ran her fingers through your hair, softening the curls as they flowed down your back graciously. "You should really wear your hair down more" she places her hands on your arms and peers over your shoulders, gazing at your figure in the mirror.

"Thanks Nancy, you really do have a natural talent with all this" you turn around and give her a hug.

"Oh, before I forget, here!" she runs over to the side of her and bed grabs a pair of silver heels.

She gestures for you to sit and slips the heels onto your feet, fastening them at the back. The shoes were simple but elegant, sparkling softly in the dull light of your dorm.

"Now it's perfect" she stood and clasped her hands together, looking at you with a big smile.

"I really can't thank you enough" you stood and smiled "I should get going, Andrew is probably waiting for me in the common room" she nodded her head and opened the door for you, the huge smile on her face barely wavering.

Your heels clicked against the floor as you carefully walked down the wooden staircase, your hand was grasped onto the rail tightly, although you were somewhat confident in heels, you still didn't want to take any chances.

As expected, Andrew was already dressed, sitting on one of the chairs in front of the fireplace. He wore a simple white shirt adorned with a black tie. The shirt fit him perfectly, clinging to his toned torso. He matched the shirt with some black slacks, ending just before a pair of sophisticated plain black shoes, with a tiny heal to them at the back.

He turned his head towards the staircase, watching you walk down the last few steps. His eyes widened momentarily, taking in your appearance. You felt a slight heat rise to your cheeks and looked down, focusing on the small intricate patters embedded in the rug that happened to match the colour of your dress. You heard a small rustle and looked up, watching him approach you with a small fire in his eyes. The warm light given off by the flames casted a beautiful glow on his face, his deep blue eyes glistened, creating a whirlwind of apprehension as the azure orbs bored into your soul. However apart of you wished those clouds of grey and blue would transform into deep pools of mahogany that you'd become so familiar with.

Smiling softly, you took his hand that was outstretched to you, gazing into his eyes as he placed a gently kiss to the back of your smaller hands.

"You look absolutely breath-taking" he stood up straight and held out his arm for you to take.

"Thank you, you clean up nicely yourself" you smile up at him and began walking to Slughorns office.

Upon arriving at his office, you noticed that the room was decorated slightly. Small snowflakes fell from the ceiling, dispersing before just before they could hit your head. Candles were lit around the room, creating a subtle golden glow, contrasting to the darkened sky that could be seen from the large window by the desk.