Chatper 1

The train ride to Hogwarts was something magical, running through a stone wall and jumping on the most exquisite train had already heightened your standards of the prestigious school. Having been a student at Beaux batons for five years meant that you were definitely not a beginner to magic and wizardry, although the looks you received by the other students meant they thought otherwise. It wasn't normal for Hogwarts to have transfer students, especially in the 6th year so it was almost instantaneous that the message of someone new joining the 6th year had spread across the students as soon as you boarded the train.

Transferring to Hogwarts was not a choice of yours, but your fathers. You had wanted to join the school during your first year while you were living in London, however, your father was against it as there was some rivalry between he and some of the teachers and didn't want you getting caught up in it. However, your father's new occupation under the ministry of magic meant that your 5th year in beaux batons would certainly be your last.

Sighing to yourself, you ran your fingers through your (h/l) (h/c) hair while gazing out the window of the empty carriage. You gaze focused on the beautiful scenery that whizzed passed but your mind couldn't help but wander to your new school. You had prayed and hoped continuously for the past few nights that things would be a lot different here than to France, that maybe not everyone was as condescending and you'd finally be able to make some true friends.

However a knock on the door brought you back from your thoughts as a tall, young boy, looking about the same age as you, entered the carriage. His eyes widened momentarily, before quickly returning to their emotionless state.

"I'm Tom Riddle, you must be the new student, the train is about to arrive at Hogwarts soon so when leaving the train, follow the crowd of students to the carriages and enter the Great Hall where you will be sorted into your house" He said, the sound of his smooth yet deep voice making you slightly startled at how confident he appeared to be.

"Thank you but I've already been sorted into my house." You smiled softly at him, however it was true, your father knew professor Slughorn, so he had a word with headmaster Dippet in relation to your transfer.

"Well fair enough, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the other prefects in the school" He nodded his head towards you and exited the carriage, not before glancing down at the closed book in your hands. "What book is that?" He tilted his head to get a better look.

"To kill a Mockingbrid" you say, picking up the book and showing him the cover.

"Is that a muggle book" he replied with a slight scowl on his face, the corner of his lips turning up slightly as he looked over the book.

"Well yes" you say with slightly furrowed eyebrows as you notice the scowl on his face.

"I suggest you put that away before other students see and you embarrass yourself. Muggle books are looked down upon if you must know" he scoffed before closing the cabin door and leaving.