Why be that way?!

I stared, I didn't know what to say. He just blurted out something that I didn't know what to say to. I looked at him.

"Alice is calling" he said picking up his phone. He walked outside and I picked up Landon. Rocking him.

"Mommy won't ever let a girl hurt you." I told him.

Landon was falling asleep again, when he finally came back in. He looked at me and I knew he was leaving again.

"Alice needs me" he started I dropped my glaze. And knew things wouldn't ever be the same.

"I'm coming back" he added

"Don't bother, you love her, she loves you. Be happy. I'm gonna be fine. My mom will let you see Landon with her here. But I'll leave. I promise. Things will get better, and easier. I can't be in this. I cant.. I just no.. I loved you and you broke me. This isn't how my family was suppose to be. But seeing how you are now. I see it's going to be like this. For a while I'm guessing. But Alice she's great for you. She rips apart a family, and you can't see it. But go, have a great time. But when you see me doing fine, without you. Don't come back" I told him. He looked down and seen me holding our child. For the first time, he actually seen me holding our child. He sat down on the floor at the foot of my bed. And put his face in his hands. He was breaking. I shook my head I didn't feel sorry, I was fine. I stared at him and smiled. I looked at Landon and laid him on the bed on his side.

"Our family will never work out. Will it?" He asked me. I nodded

"You let some bystander in. I'm sorry, I didn't ruin it before you had the chance" I said and he took my hand.

"I should've known" he said and kissed my cheek. I closed my eyes and a tear fall down.

"Go to her. She needs you. I'm fine without you. I was before you and I will be after you. I got my son. The best gift you ever gave me. I just wish I had our family. But you and her ruined it for me." I said looking at him, he had his eyes closed and his head leaned back.

"Don't start" he begged.

"Go to her" I told him again getting up going to Landon was was still sleeping. He got up and left. I knew I was going to regret it. But I was starting over for my son. I couldn't be hurt, I couldn't stand here, holding this door open for a man.. Who was everything to me. But yet, killed me with one word, or action. I couldn't bring it to myself. He would just destroy me over and over again if I kept letting him into my life and into my heart. I had the time, I had everything. My son, who loves me, my family, who supports me. And God. Who forgives me and listens to me.

I walked down stairs with Landon and my mom was cooking. I sat at the counter holding him.

"I finally ended things with chad" I said looking at him. He was sleeping peacefully. She looked over and thought before speaking.

"Do you think it's the best for him?" She asked. And I nodded. Knowing it was, cause he's the one who left after all.

"I know so. After he gets older only you two will be here with him, I'll leave with Collin, I won't be around him" I explained. She started catching on.

"Did he?" And then she stopped and looked at the pain on my face.

"Yeah" was all I had to say. She knew it. My mom came over and hugged me. My brother was outside cutting grass, so he didn't know yet. But when he found out he went straight to Chads and told him and thing, or two. Chad and I, we actually lost more than a relationship. We lost the friendship we worked so hard to maintain. Or at least that I tried to. When I looked at Landon all I seen was him, I starting regretting my decision now. And it's only been a couple hours. But my child didn't need someone who would only end up hurting him more in life than anything.

Two weeks later!!

"Josie" he called. Chad decided he needed to see Landon since he hasn't since the day we talked.

"My room" I said back. I knew I would have to get use to this, I was to the not having him. But our family. It was taking time.

"He's getting bigger" he told me as soon as he walked in and seen him. He stretched his long muscular arms out for my son.

"He has got a cough" I said handing him over. And he nodded. Landon looked up at him, and Chad smiled. I didn't think this was right at all, the father and son not seeing each other. Just as I starting day dreaming my phone went off.

Alec!

Chad looked at me, then at my phone.

"Alec??" He asked disapproving.

"Nothing's wrong with him, besides we're friends!" I said smiling at the text.

*you may dear, are strong, and I miss seeing you at school please hurry back so I can see your gorgeous face*

I must have been smiling like a idiot cause he snatched my phone away.

"It's nothing aye! Y'all are talking!" He screamed making Landon starting screaming and crying.

"You're scaring him. Stop!" I demanded.

"Take him to your mom we need to talk." He said in a low growl. I did as he said and came back.

"Alec is my bestfriend." He said walking back and forth. I nodded.

"You can't just talk to him" he added

"You're wrong. I can" I said looking down

"NO! You're a mother." He said pissed he stopped and spun around.

"And you're a father." I said standing up. Battling for myself.

"I'm the mother, raising my son, who the father cheated on the day I had the child. Now I'm happy. You're mad. Get over yourself you have a girlfriend let me be happy!" I yelled at him. He caught me by the shoulders.

"You. Are. My. Sons. Mother!" He said stopping making sure I knew what he meant. Saying I couldn't be with him or any guy.

"And I'm single. You cheated, you didn't put a ring on it. So you lost me." I told him.

My phone then went off.

Alec!

*The Fault In Our Stars is playing in town let's go tonight it's Friday!*

It was laying on my bed, opened I didn't even have time to grab it, cause Chad did.

"This. This shit! Seriously! Date night with Alec! Fuck you!" He yelled. And went to walk away but I snatched his arm and he back handed me. I grabbed my face and began crying. He rushed over to me. As soon as he done it.

"No.. You know what Chad! I'm done! You my sir! Are nothing but Landon's father! I'm done with you!! Yes, I LOVE YOU! Fuck this! But our love is expired! It's bad, it's dead, done, vanished! Through!" I screamed. He looked at me tearing up.

"Cry to her. I'm done wiping yours and my tears" I added.

"I'm sorry I'm not perfect" he told me and left.

I called Alec and told him what happened he said he was coming over, I really needed someone to talk to right now. And he was that someone.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys thanks for reading! I hope you like it! I'm writing a new book also "The Unexpected" please go look it up and read it. Leave comments☺️