Oh the places youll go

I waited for seemed the whole morning. But really it was only 30 mins. Drake and Jim both pulled up together.
"This is your chance" Stacy told me as she walked towards Jim.

"Hey" I said shyly to Drake
"Hey" he said looking down.

"Can we talk?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.
"That'd be nice" he said and walked to the fence by the side of the school.

"So, I know" I told him while looking down but still keeping my eyes on him.
He moved his hand to the back of his neck and rubbed it.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to do this Josie. I wanted to be that guy for you. I wanted to be your safe place. I love you Josie and it's scary. I've never had these feelings for someone. You left and this girl was saying all these things that was running through my head at the time. I was truly stupid" he said while wiping away a few stray tears.
I hugged him. I couldn't help myself but I cling onto him and held him. And he held me back.

"I didn't want to end things Josie. I just didn't want this to make you never trust me. I never wanted to be this type of guy. I never pictured being that type of guy" he said still hugging me.

"Drake it's okay. I wish you would've told me before. We could've worked this out" I told him and I felt his grip get tighter around me right before he let me go. He took my hands into his.

"I wish I would've too" he said looking down.
"I never wanted any of this to happen" he told me still looking down.

I put one of my hands and lifted up his chin.
"What are we going to do to fix this?" I asked him and he smiled.

"So we can fix this?" He asked smiling a little and holding onto my hand.

"We can" I told him and hugged him.

********************************************
Once we rejoined our group, every noticed the change in Drakes vibe.

"Someone's happy again" Jordan told him

"Bro shut up" he said smiling back at him with his arm around me.

"I didn't think we'd ever see ole Drakey smile again" Todd joked with

"Leave him alone" I said smiling. "He just needed to be reassured everything was going to be okay" I told them.

"We'll spill it now since you've told her what did you do?" Todd asked for everyone but Drake shook his head.

"I can't talk about that. It hurts me to even think about it" he told them.

"Amen" Jim joined in.

With that being said and done, we walked into the school and went to our first period class.

"Okay students!! It's time for your LAST FIRST DAY!" Out home room teacher told us.

"And on this morning for each of our senior students, we'll be reading 'Oh the places I'll go' it's a tradition" she told us as she began to read this little childhood book.

"Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

And you may not find any
you'll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you'll head straight out of town.

It's opener there
in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

And then things start to happen,
don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

OH!
THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!"

I've read this book many times when I was a child, Dr. Seuss really knows his stuff!

After our home room we head off to first period. Math. In our first period we're paired into groups of 6 to start on our warm up.

As math went on we kept learning new ways this year was going to be different. We had virtual school now, barely any books. We had our own tablets to do our work on and so much more.

Once math was over we headed to our second period class marine biology. I've taken Advance classes my whole junior high and high school years. And marine biology was by far my favorite. Drake was also in this class. He is more of the forensic scientist type though.

Once we sat down, we logged into our system.

"This year something different is going to happen" he told me while clicking on his assignments.

"Like what?" I asked intrigued by what it would be.

"You'll see shortly baby" he said and smiled at me. He knew I hated surprises I can never wait before I get so irritated with what is going on. But this time I'm going to wait. I want to wait.

——————————————————————————-
Another chapter down! Hopefully you guys'd will enjoy this one!! I'm so happy for y'all to read the full story!! With time things do get better you guys!! Always remember that about life!!❤️