Somethings Happen For An Reason!

It's been three days since we moved from our cozy little town to an huge city. I knew he'd some start calling or texting and a part of me wanted him too. But it's been three days and he hasn't even texted to check in on the baby.
Chad wasn't the same guy I was bestfriends with and that I knew. He had changed into this stranger right in front of my eyes which killed me to know the boy I once loved and did everything with changed in a blink of an eye.
Brought out of my thoughts Stacy was talking.
"Are you ready for school yet?" I think this was her 4th time asking me. But I was to zoned out.
"Oh yes I just finished up" I told her, which wasn't an lie before I zoned out I had just finished my make-up. Landon was asleep still, looking like an angel.

I walked down stairs to my Aunt Amelia and hugged her. I couldn't thank her enough for all she's done for me. Good thing about her she worked from home, she never had to leave.
"Landon is still sleeping, he should wake up in a little bit" I told her she nodded.
I grabbed my keys and Stacy followed me out the door.
"Has chad texted you?" Stacy asked concerned.
"By the way your voice is something is up Stacy, no chad hasn't texted me. But I'm guessing he texted you?" I questioned.
"He went by your house yesterday, your brother told him you moved away, and then he went ape shit crazy" she began. "Not only did he go to your house he went to mine, he told my mom you were stupid and that I was stupid for moving with you. That we all need to rot in hell" she told me. I felt my mouth literally drop open.
"I miss the old chad" I told her as an tear escaped from my eye, I quickly wiped it away.
"The old chad was nice he never would treat someone like this" I finished .
"Josie, chad isn't well. There are some underlining demonds he's dealing with" Stacy told me.
We just pulled into the school and all the "cool" kids were standing by this black mustang looks to be an 80's model. We always just walked right past them.

"Hey you, the one with the crop top" I looked around and a tall dirty blonde guy was smirking at me.
"Keep walking" Stacy whispered.
And I did.
"Come on I promise we aren't mean" he said pushing off the car and following us, which was another guy that had black hair.
We stopped mid-step and turned around.
"Well, well, well pretty lady" he said sticking his hand out to shake mine.
"I'm Drake" he said I took his hand and looked into his memorizing crystal blue eyes "I'm Josie" I said and smiled.
"Don't be letting other girls see you to talk they will get jealous of this one" the other guy said laughing and drake just rolled his eyes "and this is Jim, my bestfriend" he said
I looked over at Stacy "and she's Stacy, my bestfriend" I told him and Jim stuck his hand out to her. He was smiling ear to ear and so was she
"So pretty lady, will you let me walk you to class?" He asked me and smiled.
"Yes you can" I said smiling . He walked right beside me.
"So where are y'all from?" He asked
"Alabama, a little town called Monroeville. Everyone knows everyone and you can't get away with anything" I told him.
"Are you single?" He asked while keeping his head down.
"I am" I told him "but if you're interested I need to tell you.. I have an son" I told him
"And?" He asked laughing. He pulled me aside.
"Look I don't care if you have kids, I don't care if you have ten kids" he paused "I... I was adopted.. I mean my family loves me but the thing is my mother didn't care about me.." he said looking down. "I know we just met but they way you said it made me think. It's like guys don't want girls if they have a baby. And you're brave enough to tell me now. I can already tell by that you're a good mom" he said smiling while peeking up at me.
"Well if that's the case, let's get to know each other" I began "and I'm sorry about what you said. I couldn't even picture that. Or even try to understand it" I told him and he was still smiling.
We began walking to my first period class. Which he was also in.
"So what did you use to do back home?" He questioned.
"I would go out most weekends, I also was an softball player. I did horse riding competitions for a long time. And always be hanging out with Stacy" I told him laughing.
"So you were kinda popular back home?" He asked
"Not really, people hated me cause of the friendship I had with my Ex" I told him looking down as we walked into class.
"My I ask, why'd you move away from him?" He questioned.
I looked at my feet, I took an deep breath in.
"Well he was my bestfriend we did everything together. We'd go to the mall, movies, park, he came to all my games" I stated. Then looked up at him he was staring at me deeply "but then, the boy I knew started turning into this stranger I didn't even know" I told him.
"We first started dating when I found out I was pregnant, he was at this party I was at we were both stupidly drunk and had sex.. we continued to be great friends after that. But when we made things official he turned into old chad. The guy I watched destroy so many females. And this time I was one." I told this stranger, I needed to get it off my chest and I finally did. Now I feel so much better, like I can return to the old me!
"Well this chad guy is stupid for letting you go and mistreating you." He told me and smiled "but I'm thankful he did all that so now you can be with a real man to should you how to be treated" he added still smiling.
I couldn't help but smile ear to ear!

———————————————————————————
Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter!
Please leave feedback!
I know I keep taking forever to write an chapter, but y'all I have an 7month old at the moment and he's keeping me on my toes as much as an 5 year old is!
Thank you guys for all your support! I love each and every one of you!!