eighteen

Brad

All I've been thinking about is what Sofia told me last night. About the miscarriage. My heart broke for her and all I wanted to do was pull her into my arms and tell her everything would be okay but I knew I couldn't do that. I hurt her so bad and i knew she wouldn't be able to forgive me. 

This past year all I've done is think about Sofia. Thinking about how much I hurt her, how much I still love her. 

"Brad we have to leave. We have to go check out the final touches to the venue" nina explained pulling me out of the apartment.

I groaned as I sat in the car. Nina was driving. "Can you believe that in two weeks time you and I will be marries" she smiled.

I honestly couldn't see that. "Yeah" I replied.

-At the wedding venue-

Nina and I spent over an hour at the wedding venue making sure that everything was going to be perfect. "So I want the band here" she expalined to me and Talia the wedding planner. I was just looking around at the room, wanting to make some minor adjustments but I knew Nina would disapprove.

"Has Brad been attending his dance lessons?" Talia asked.

"Shit" I said to myself "Uh yeah I have" I ran my hands through my hair.

I had no idea how to slow dance. The dance in Personal was chorographed. I knew that I was screwed for the first dance.

-At home that evening-

When we arrived home Nina had Ali and Eden over, I decided to leave the flat to give them girl time. 

I decided that I would go to Sofia's place. I wanted to see if she could help me with something. When I arrived at the flat Connor informed me that she was at the studio and gave me the address. I got in my car and drove there.

The studio was in an old abandoned warehouse. As I walked inside there was no one there. except for a white wall, a lot of professional lights scattered throughout the room, three cameras on tripods and her computer screen. I saw a photo, of a model, from a shoot I guess she had today and I smiled widely. Her photos were incredible. That was something I always knew about her.

"W-what are you doing here?" I heard her speak. I turned around to see Sofia standing there with her camera in hand. "I uh I came here because I need a favour" I informed her. 

Sofia sat the camera down on a table and leaned against it. "What" she shrugged. 

"Well, I um was menat to go to these dance classes, to learn the waltz for mine and Nina's wedding but I forgot to go and you know my, I'm shit at slow dancing so I was wondering, since you're amazing at dancing would you mind helping me" I asked.

Sofia looked at me for a moment "Why don't you just ask Tris or one of the guys to help" she shrugged. 

"Because Sof they're not as good of dancers as you are. Look I'll even pay you for lessons" I suggested. 

Sofia sighed. "Meet me here tomorrow morning at 8am. Wear comfortable clothes and you don't need to pay me" 

"Thank you" I hugged her. 

"Yeah yeah" she laughed.

-The next morning-

I walked into the wearhouse and found Sofia sitting on the floor stretching. I stared at her for a moment. She looked beautiful. She always did. 

Sofia saw me and smiled. She stood up and I approached her. "You ready for an intense day of dancing Simpson?" she placed her hands on her hips.

I nodded. 

"So the first question is, what song are you guys dancing to as your first dance song?" she asked.

"Umh A Thousand Years By Christina Perri but the second version" I explained. 

Sofia typed away on her phone and plugged her phone into a speaker. The song started.

"Okay so for a waltz, Waltz is a smooth dance, traveling around the line of dance. It is characterized primarily by its rise & fall action." she expalined.

"Okay" I nodded

"The shoulders move smoothly, parallel with the floor, not up and down." she moved her shoulders slightly. "The head should turn in the direction of the turn, otherwise the man's head is upright and looking over the right shoulder of the lady." she got into a stance and showed me. 

"Like this" she said ans started dancing around the studio, on her own. As if she were dancing it with someone.

"The rise and fall is unique to the waltz. If possible, all the the steps in the waltz should be long.

On the first step forward, the weight is taken on the heel, then on to the ball of the foot." she said. Sofia made me move my feet so I copied what she was doing. 

"A gradual rise to the toes should be started at the end of the first beat, and continued to the second and third beat of each bar of music."

"This is a lot to remember" I shook my head.

"It will be but by the end of the week, trust me, you'll be dancing the waltz in your sleep" she laughed.

Sofia and I did some practice rounds. "Keep you eyes locked on mine okay" she explained as we got into position again. I placed one hand on her waist and the other hand I held out. We would dance around, Sofia counting the steps. "Ahhhh Brad" she shouted when I would accidently stand on her feet.

"I'm sorry Sof" I expalined. 

"It's fine" she replied.

We spent the next three hours trying to get the basics of the dance nailed.

"You did good today Simpson" she laughed.

"Thanks for this Sof. Really" I smiled. 

"Its s'okay" she looked at the floor. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I gave her the thumbs up. 

"Same time tomorrow" she laughed. 

"See you then" I nodded at her and gathered my things before leaving the studio.

Spending the day with Sofia made me realise how much I care about her and how much I still love her.