thirty two

[Three weeks later]

Sofia

I sat on the floor of the bathroom of mine and Brad's house that we recently moved into. My legs were to my chest and I was biting my nails anxiously. Brad and the boys were in Manchester today for a gig so I was at home, waiting. Waiting for something to determine the rest of my life.

Sat face down on the floor was a pregnancy test. I was so anxious as I know Brad and I haven't been trying for long to have a baby but I missed a period so part of me was hoping this would be it. Kirstie and Ana were sitting in the bath tub and Lucee sat next to me as we waited. "How much longer" Ana yawned. 

"A minute" Kirstie smiled. An alarm went off on Kirstie's phone, indicating that it was time. 

The girls climbed out of the bathtub. I went to pick it up but couldn't. "Will one of you look at it?" I asked as I stood up. Kirstie bent down and picked it up in her hands. Silence fell amongst us. 

"So what does it say?" Lucee asked.

Kirstie picked up the box from the sink and read it. She then slowly looked up at me. My heart was hammering in my chest. I was so nervous. 

"Its negative" she spoke softly.

I flashed her a small smile. "what?" 

"Its negative" Kirstie repeated.

I felt myself starting to cry. Part of me wanted this. Part of me wanted to be pregnant. "Well maybe its just not meant to be" I shrugged as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Sof. You and Brad shouldn't give up. Keep trying. I have a good feeling that this is going to work" Lucee placed her hands on my shoulders.

I started to cry "This is the way its supposed to be. I'm not meant to be a Mum" I shrugged. 

"How can I be upset over something I never had" I expalined as Ana handed me some tissues. "Its negative?" I questioned again.

"No it's positive" Kirstie grinned. 

Ana looked as if she could kill Kirstie and my hand flew to my mouth. 

"W-what?" my voice went all high pitched. 

"Its not negative. it's positive" she smiled. 

"Are you sure?" I quizzed. 

"Yeah. I was joking before" she handed me the test and the words "2-3 weeks PREGNANT" were written on the front of it. 

"That was a risky little stunt" I laughed.

"Are you happy?" Ana asked.

"I'm over the moon" I cried.

"I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY" I cheered and the girls and I had a group hug.

"You know we love you so much and you so deserve this. You will be an amazing Mum" Kirstie smiled.

"I hope this one works out" I sniffed.

Kirstie rubbed my arm "It will hun" 

"How are you going to tell brad?" Ana asked.

"I have no idea. I have to think of a special way to tell him" I laughed.

Kirstie smiled "Well the boys won't be home from Manchester til tomorrow so how about tonight we stay here and help you find the perfect way to tell Brad?" 

I smiled "That sounds like a good idea"

-The next day-

I was nervous and excited to tell Brad about the baby. I was sat in the living room waiting for him to come home. He was almost here and I could feel myself getting more and more excited.

I heard the front door open and I ran out to the hallway. "Hi baby" he dropped his bags and kissed me.

"Hey handsome" I ran my hands through his hair and looked at him.

"How was your night?" he asked 

"Lucee, Ana and Kirstie came over" I smiled. "I have a surprise for you" I explained.

"A surprise" he smiled.

I nodded. I took Brad's hand and led him up the stairs to our room where the girls and I spent the morning setting up the surprise.

"Close your eyes" I demanded.

"Babe are you going to show me a new lingerie set you got?" he laughed as he closed his eyes.

"No" I laughed and opened the door of our bedroom.

Set up on the bed was a baby grow with "Hello Daddy" written on it surrounded by some flowers and the pregnancy test beside it. I stopped when we reached the bed and told brad to open his eyes.

He opened them and looked down.

What he sees:

I sttod back and watched as Brad picked up the pregnancy test and babygrow

I sttod back and watched as Brad picked up the pregnancy test and babygrow. He turns around and grins at me "Are you serious?" he asked

I nodded, a smile appearing on my face. 

"I'm going to be a Dad" he teared up.

"Yeah" I replied.

Brad scooped me up in his arms and hugged me so tight. He kissed my lips before pulling away.

"I can't believe this. We're going to be parents" he sniffed.

"Are you excited?"

"So excited" he replied

"Are you terrified" I laughed

"Absolutely" he chuckled.

"The girls helped me plan this. They were here yesterday when I took the test" i informed him.

"Can I tell the guys?" he beamed

"Yeah. but I don't want to tell anyone else, until the first scan" I informed him. 

"My lips are sealed"

Brad and I spent the night cuddling in bed and watching movies. He was so excited to be a Dad and I knew he was going to be amazing. I just hope everything goes okay this time.