Chapter 15: Performance

Andy's P.O.V

Me and Rye return to school the next day, we have music first. It's assessment day. Performance day.

We are given 10 minutes to practice before lesson, that gives me time to make sure my guitar is in tune and check we know the lyrics.

"I'm nervous Fovvs," Rye says tapping his foot, Rye's started calling me Fovvs, I think it's cute.
"Why?" I ask,
"I've never sang in front of any one before," he mumbles,
"It'll be fine Rye," I get up and kiss his nose before we head back to the class room. It's nearly time.

"I'm tryna open up your doors, I know that you've been here before, girl it's you and me or nothing..." I hear Rye muttering under his breath as another group performs.

'It will be fine,' I mouth to him he just nods his head. He's adorable when he's nervous.

"Andrew Fowler and Ryan Beaumont," the teacher calls us up next. I see Rye nod and start strumming my guitar.

'I'm tryna open up your doors,
I know that you've been here before,
Boy it's you and me or nothing,'

I look up at Rye in shock. Boy? Yes, Rye just subtly came out to the whole class, I can't stop smiling through the rest of the performance. I'm so proud, even though no one probably noticed, it made me so proud of him.

'I can't deny that you've got my heart on lock,
Baby you know I'm yours,
I'm not giving up, giving up, giving up,
If there's one this that I know for sure,
Tomorrow I'll love you more,
I'm not giving up, giving up, giving up on you, on you,
On you, on you, on you,
Giving up, giving up, giving up'

We finish the song and most of the room claps us. The teacher writes some notes, before calling up the next pair. Just like that it's all over...

"So that's that done with," Rye whispers to me whilst the next pair perform,
"You were amazing," I whisper back "I'm so proud of you," I can see him blush out of the corner of my eye.
"So technically we don't ever have to talk to each other again, we only started talking cause of this," he joked,
"Technically, you live with me now, and I'm not letting you go that easily," he smiles at me as we applaud the next singers.

They did the performance!!
Did anyone notice what Rye sung?
I'll update again soon,
Thanks for reading x
@tvrtnhc