Chapter 3: Wait cute?

Rye's P.O.V

I invited Andy round to my house to practice for music, not only that I guess I want to get to know him better. He seems like a really nice guy but I can't talk to him at school because all my friends will think I've gone soft.

It's not just that, I want to find someone who will like me for me, not just for my image. Not just to be popular, and I can tell Andy doesn't care about any of that, it's just going to be hard to try and be myself around him as I've been acting as someone else for far to long now.

I'm not rude, I'm not a bully, I care what people think, people don't understand the real me, the me who has feelings.

There is a knock at the door I run down to open it, "Hey Andy," I smile inviting him into my sitting room, all my family is out so it gives us time to practice.

"I've got more of a rhythm to the lyrics you wrote," he says shyly pulling it his guitar. He strums gently on his guitar before singing the lyrics...

"If I love you they say I should let you go, oh, I'll never let you fly away..."

He finishes singing before he stops playing and looks up at me for my judgement, "that's amazing, you're so talented," I smile "I like the extra lyrics you added too," his cheeks flash red and I laugh slightly at his reaction to the complements.

We carry on writing the song till we have the chorus, he gets his guitar for us to practice again.

"I can't deny that you've got my heart on lock. Baby, you know I'm yours" we sing together looking into each others eyes.
"I'm not giving up, giving up, giving up on you. If there's one thing that I know for sure, tomorrow I love you more, I'm not giving up, giving up, giving up on you, on you..."

We both smile at each other as we finish singing, "I think this will be the best I've ever done in a class," I laugh,
"You're really good at music Rye," he smiles,
"Not as good as you," he blushes again, he's so cute when he does that. Wait cute?

"RYE!" Andy breaks me out of my thoughts,
"I'm sorry what?"
"I said mum just texted me she needs my help shopping, we should meet up next weekend, to practice of course," he smiles I nod along still distracted by my own thoughts,
"Here's my number," he passes me a scrap of paper before leaving.

It's silent when he leaves, I like having him around, the one person who has seen a glimpse of the real me and not who I pretend to be.

Heyyy here is another chapter,
I promise this story will get better I know it's pretty awful at the minute x
I'll update again asap x
@tvrtnhc