The Little Bird Still Sang..

Nothing.

That was all that I've heard in the small room that I was sitting in. Nothing but the sound of silence ringing through my ears as I sat there, hanging my head low as my darkened eyes scanned the floor, thoughts racing through my mind as if I had carried a stack of papers and tripped over my shoe laces, causing them to fly and scatter everywhere.

"They're pulling on my strings.."

I mumbled out to myself, my nails slowly digging into the fabric of my black leggings as I held onto them, both of my hands shaking a bit from the tight grip that I had on them while I slowly closed my eyes weakly. Feeling the memories, nightmares, pain, and other things that had their strings wrapped around my neck..

My ears rang..the little pieces of my sweetness from my jar slowly scattering along the ground while I felt it crack..that same black bitter fluid stinging up in my mouth, making my face immediately scrunch up from it's sour taste.

A sudden rush of wind blew right through me, my long thick hair getting in my face as I let go of my leggings and stand back up onto my feet while I let out an irritated grunt, moving my hair back and keeping it out of my face, opening up my eyes as I looked around to see what the hell was going on.

I'm..at the area that I've moved in before getting kicked out. The same cold air blowing against my skin, the clouds filling up the blue sky as the sun was setting, the leafs from the trees blowing along with the wind, I slowly look in front of me..my eyes widening for a moment..

And there she stood. The little bird.

Her hair blowing with the wind as her pitch black face that had no eyes or anything, stared deeply into mine. Her hands resting by her sides as the fabric of her penguin hoodie slowly blew with the cold wind.

The jar began to crack a bit more while I watched her take a small step, her legs shaking as I could feel every movement she took towards me..she was walking weakly towards me..dragging her skinny body to me and stumbling a bit into me as she stopped in her tracks when she got close enough..

I grab onto both of her wrists before she could fall though, watching the pitch black color ooze off of her blanked out face, revealing her actual face...seeing her sore and weak tired eyes..ready to give out at any moment..

She weakly lifted her head up and blinked once, her eyes lightening up by force and looking into mine as she was shaking from feeling her legs about to give out...forcing a smile on her face as the little bird's wings slowly spread open, I can see it...

Her jar was cracked badly..almost all of the sweet pieces that were filled up in that cracked jar were now scattered out onto this cold dirty ground that stood below the two of us...

Gritting my teeth together..I slowly held onto her wrists a bit tighter..watching her give me that same stupid hopeful smile on her face, even if I knew that at any moment..her jar would break and be unable to hold any of those sweet pieces in her..

Feathers from her wings began to blow around in the wind as she kept smiling, my grip tightening on her wrists as I watched her wince silently in pain from my grip..

"Know that no matter how stressful it gets..no matter how painful it is when the strings keep pulling at you...know that you're not in this position anymore..." She quivered out and shook, slowly grabbing both of my hands and smiling at me..

"Mangox...we're not there anymore...we're not alone...we're not suffering..we made it towards the end of the chapter..and began a new one..and we've smiled..throughout the whole way..."

The little bird's last words faded and echoed throughout my head as she began to disappear along with the area we were in..leaving me alone in an empty void..an empty glass jar standing in front of me in the exact same spot that the little bird was in..

CRACK

Shards of the glass jar began to scatter around me, my eyes opening up as I gasped, looking around my surroundings and noticing that I was back in the room..slowly embracing the bitter taste that was in my mouth as I slowly look up..keeping my head up high as I closed my mouth, swallowing up the bitter fluid.

"That's right..I've made it to the end..and I'm still smiling.."