Moving on

"BOOM"

Rei made her shoulders go up for a minute, her body feeling the ground beneath her shake for a brief second. She would normally want to stay in a call with her boyfriend a majority of the time,

Instead though, she had decided she needed to be out more to socialize with her family that she had barely known considering how big her family was. Not to mention that nowadays her boyfriend seemed to always be busy, either that or they didn't even talk much since Rei had nothing to say and her boyfriend was watching stuff or playing games, unlike how they used to talk when they had their group of friends active in the server.

So she more than likely expected him to take a while rather than talk to her on the phone. Which had given her the chance to go outside and attempt to have fun being around her family. After all, it was a start of a New year, and a new decade.

Alone, she sat down inside the house and enjoyed the view of the fireworks being set off outside. A few people would come inside here and there, but only to pour and mix in Vodka with Cranberry juice. She didn't enjoy the loud noises the fireworks made, it would cause her to act like a dog that would have anxiety towards such loud noises.

This time though, she decided to allow it for once that way she could at least get used to it. Everything was going fine for New Years,

She had her first sip of strong Vodka, which was of course bitter and sent a burning feeling down her throat. Even mixing it with a huge amount of cranberry juice still caused it to taste bitter, a confusing feeling of it tasting pleasant yet unpleasant at the same time coursing through her each time she took a sip from the plastic cup that stood still before her on the small rounded table.

Going through her phone, as usual..She scrolled through her social medias. She rarely posted on them, and never talked much to anyone from the discord server that she was in with her friends since no one was active.

"Ping"

While she drank the stinging alcohol mixed in with the Cranberry juice, she raised her eyebrow in curiosity from whoever had just texted her in her dms.

She scrolled up, opening it. Of course.

One of her old friends texted her about another friend acting strange, she didn't trust this one too much considering the situation she had with this person or better yet them being closer to an old friend that used to be around when the server was active.

It didn't really matter though anyways, since the friend only would ever talk to her if they needed to know something nowadays. And that's all they ever really did talk to her for either.

Heh, it was funny to her yet bizarre in a way. The friend they asked her about was already barely even active in the server, or better yet ghosted it with their adult life and from moving on. That's when the thought of realization came to her mind,

All of her friends have more than likely moved on.

Everyone has moved on too, the only people she would ever talk to from that server anyways was her friend that was like a daughter to her and her boyfriend. She didn't really talk to anyone else.

Still down from a few nights before New Years of an argument she got into, she thought about it before gripping onto her cup.

The red bitter liquid slowly leaking out, and running down her hand of where she had held it in.

"You know what? Since I only ever talk about sad stuff all of the time. I'm not going to do that anymore once I go to public summer school. In fact.."

She continued to think to herself,

"Since I'm so sure that everyone else has moved on with their lives, I should move on as well. No one even really talks there anymore. So I might as well give a shot at trying to find new friends that I could hang with. Even if it isn't the same."

Desperately keeping the small amount of sadness and anger that flew throughout her body, she looked down while resting her foot against the leg of her chair,

"New year, New decade. Looks like I'm going to have to find changes for myself as well just like everyone else has."