Cinderella

Warm water splashed on Cinderella's face, her eyes closing as her hair started to become wet and thin. The warmth of the shower made her feel relaxed, the sun's light gently blooming through the window and onto her face.

She took a deep breath and soon began to wash away the dirt or any stress that she held in on herself, it was soothing for her to say the least.

Her eyes slowly opened with a small smile, enjoying the small view from out the tiny window which had wind gently blowing through the leafs on the mango trees. The birds chirped softly from outside and this was enough to relax her.

Bad memories slowly brushed off of her as she cleaned herself from it. She was already over them after maturing mostly, but she just thought of them as funny to look back on. One crossed her mind, making her chuckle.

The memory was of the times when Cinderella was mostly alone and not so happy while being stressed, only anger and despair burning right through her during those times instead of happiness and love.

Flashback

Cinderella weakly got up out of her bed, her legs becoming wobbly and causing her to stumble a bit. There was no sunlight outside, and the birds weren't chirping. It was way too early for them to do so,

Feeling tired and sick, she slowly scratched her head. She stopped for a moment, a look of disgust coming across her face as she took note of how her hair felt all tangled and dirty. Her skin feeling like she had rolled in dirt and her mouth feeling sick from having a tiny fever.

This sickened her, and she slowly looked over at her own mother who was already stressed out enough as it was. She was already fast asleep, and seemed really tired. Cinderella carefully pulled the blanket more over her mother since her mom and brother were sick too.

And since the room was cold, she didn't want her mom to get even more sick. She frowned, leaned in and gently hugged her mother that way she couldn't wake her. She quietly walked towards the bathroom, fixing her hair and then brushing her teeth.

A small sniff coming from her while her head felt dizzy, her head feeling hot. She stepped into the shower and turned it on, water splashing on her. However, the water was cold and she let out a small squeak, hugging herself and shivering while chattering her teeth.

The shower water could be heard being turned on from the other side, making the water become even more cold. She could never hear the other people from the house, but she knew damn well that just conveniently turning on the shower making it get cold around the same time she or anyone else in the room got in the shower was no mistake.

In fact, they had always done that whenever Cinderella or her mom and brother took showers. It infuriated her too, she didn't mind cold showers of course and didn't care even if it wasn't uncomfortable.

But to do that to her mother and brother while they were sick? It made her head burn with a severe headache from irritation and frustration.

Angry and sick, she quickly washed herself. Even if she can't hear them saying it out loud, she knows that in their minds somewhere that they're saying,

"Oh Cinderella, we need to keep taking a shower right around the same time as you since we can't do it earlier. Oh Cinderella, we kicked over Bruno's grass carpet and knocked over the trash for you to pick up.

Oh Cinderella, we put all of our stuff on the table outside and messed with your mother's precious plant so you can fix it. Oh Cinderella, we even placed meat not closed enough in the trash can so maggots can rise that way you can get scared badly and shake from opening the trash can since we know how much you hate them."

Ugh, these thoughts made her even more angry since she knew that this was all true about what they were thinking. It wasn't even just Cinderella either, it was towards the two people that she loves a lot.

Not wanting to go out of the bathroom and step into the cold room while shivering, she quickly turned off the shower once she was done and immediately dried herself off.

Now

Cinderella laughed softly, not feeling angry anymore from the memory. She turned off the shower, getting rid of any water in her hair and feeling refreshed. Times like this were the ones that she could appreciate after being in situations like the ones back then,

They weren't here anymore either. She wasn't there with them anymore from now on and will no longer be with another person that's with them, she's happy now. She finally found more people to care for, and a lover.

While wiping her face, she sighed happily. The thought of not being there now or holding onto any anger feeling less stressful,

"I'm glad that I'm here and have a place to say.."

She said softly to herself.