The white pigeon.

It was a chilly yet cloudy day outside, birds chirping here and there as the wind began to blow softly, causing the latte skin colored girl's long thick dark brown hair to move with it. She was sitting outside in the patio in the backyard.

Not at her own home, but somewhere else. She was sitting in a black French/Italian Dining chair, holding a white mug that was filled with hot cocoa. The steam from the hot substance visibly showing in the air, blowing up at her face and causing both of her cheeks to feel a bit warm from it's heat.

The girl blew at the brown liquid gently before she had moved the mug towards her lips and pressed it gently against her lips, taking a small sip out of the mug and putting it down on the round glass table.

Her brother who was sitting across at the other end looked at her, her hand gently grabbing at her pink fluffy scarf and moving it up to her lips, covering her face. They both looked into each other's eyes, nothing but the chirping from the birds here and there breaking the silence a little bit.

Clearing his throat, the boy opened his mouth, almost getting ready to say something before there was a loud noise of what seemed to be a bird flapping it's wings.

Both of the siblings look over through the wall of the backyard, loud creaking noises coming from a patio swing that was on the upstairs deck from the backyard, a wire tied tightly around one of the legs that had heat the swing. There hung a beautiful white pigeon, the sounds of it's wings flapping growing louder and ringing as the girl quickly grabbed a pair of scissors and ran over to it, the winged creature violently struggling to get free as the wire that was wrapped around it's neck tightened.

Footsteps of the girl running over towards the pigeon had ran through the empty sky, her breathing getting softer once she was close enough to the white colored bird. It's body swinging around back and forth, each coo that had came out from it becoming softer. It was still struggling, it's wings flapping as it aimlessly tried to fly away. The girl stood on her tippy-toes, grunting softly while she grabbed at the pigeon, holding it in her hand as the thing began to scream at her.

A loud gasp came out from her, the thing struggling and flapping it's wings repeatedly while she tried to cut the wire that was wrapped around it's neck loose, it had almost bit her and almost clawed at her hands with it's talons. Still struggling and screaming, the pigeon's screaming began to become weaker from it's struggling mixed in with the girl trying to keep it still which was causing the wire to be tugged at the bird's neck, choking it.

She tried to quickly cut off the wire once she had accidentally yanked down hard enough on it, making the bird's screaming become silent, it's wings still flapping but becoming slower, it's feet twitching. The wire was too hard to cut loose, and time was flying by fast.

Blood slowly began to stain onto it's white feathered chest, the wire already being dug into it's neck as blood trickled from it. The girl stood there, dropping the pair of scissors into the grass. Her eyes widened already as she stared at nothing but the pigeon's now lifeless body that was hanging from a wire, it's corpse swaying around in the air as it had hung there, the red fluids still trickling from it's neck and dripping onto the dark green grass that was below it.

X.