The Scary Movie Date

"So, what do you wanna watch?" Penn asked. He and Sashi were waking over to the movie theater for their second date. "How about a horror movie?" Sashi suggested. "Sure." He said. The young couple arrived at the movie theater and checked out what to watch. "Hey. How about that?" Penn asked, pointing at a poster for the movie, 'The Nun'.

"Oh. That's cool. Let's watch that." Sashi said, trying to sound normal. To Sashi, the Conjuring franchise always gave her nightmares. But the last thing she wanted was Penn finding out. Who knows what will happen if that happens.

"Are you sure about that?" Penn asked. Sashi nodded her head. "Alright then." He said and they both went inside. After purchasing the tickets, the couple went to get some popcorn and soda. As they played the trailers, Penn couldn't help but to look over at Sashi. She looked scared of something, which was odd for the redhead. Normally, Sashi was the fearless type. "Are you okay?" He whispered. "I'm fine." She said. He nodded. "Besides, it can't be that bad." She thought.

                           One hour later

Why did she had to be wrong? Sashi was scared. So scared. But, with Penn right next to her, she toughened up a bit. She looked over to her boyfriend and was surprised on how calm he looked. It was like the movie didn't phase him. "How are you so calm?" She asked. "Well, after seeing the first two movies, it's not that bad." He replied.

Sashi then felt an arm wrap itself around her. She looked up and saw that it was Penn. "You can look away if you want. I'll be right next to you the entire time." He said with a gentle smile. "Thanks." She said. Sashi buried her head against Penn's chest.

Penn felt a bit of heat rise to his cheeks, but he didn't care about that. He ran his right hand through Sashi's short pink and purple hair. "I'll let you know when the movie ends." He said and gently kissed her forehead.

After the movie ended, Penn walked Sashi back to her place. "Thanks for the date." Sashi said as she pecked Penn's cheek. "No problem, Sash." He said, kissing her on the lips. Sashi went back to her apartment. While the date didn't go as she planed, she was happy that Penn was with her the entire movie.

He was her hero.