An Arranged Marriage

Age: 14/15

Oh yes people. I am back!! And yes, we're doing this!!
———————————————————————

For the first time in forever, Penn kind of hated his parents.

Penn Zero was a 15 year old boy with red curly hair and blue eyes. He was a kid with a outgoing spirit and was generally a kind, smart, and sweet guy. Sure, he could get a bit impatient from time to time, but he would get over it quickly. He had a mother and father and was an only child. Penn really did love his parents, he really did. But every child has a moment where the hated their parents or at least one. Penn didn't think that would happen, but it did. It had been about a week since his parents sat him down after dinner and told him the news that shocked him to his core.

He was to be betrothed to a girl.

Penn was enraged! He couldn't believe them. He wanted to make his own decisions when it came to love and date a girl with his own free will. But now, that is gone. He was now being forced to marriage. Of course, the wedding won't happen till Penn and this mystery girl graduate from either high school or college, but still!! He parents explained that apparently both dads were really good friends and wanted to unite their families. They didn't agree because of money since both the Zeros and this other family were rich people. As the week went on by, Penn calmed down a bit and it wasn't till yesterday that he finally agreed to give it a chance.

Which brings us to tonight. The Zero family was driving to the other family's house for a dinner so the Penn and the mystery girl could meet each other and get along. The redhead was wearing a gray sweater with a red flannel collar and cuffs, blue jeans, brown dress shoes and a light brown coat. He was currently looking out the window, trying to get any clue as to who this girl was, but his parents wouldn't say anything except that she to was an only child. "Can I at least get an age?" Penn asked desperately. "Okay. She's 14 now." His dad said. "Year younger than me, huh? Okay then." He said and kept looking out the window.

They arrived at the place and the redhead saw a huge house like his. "Not bad." He muttered. They parked and got out and walked to the front door. Penn's mom knocked on the door and it opened to reveal an Indian woman and a Japanese man. He was a brunette with tan skin and wore a red shirt, tan pants and black dress shoes. She had brown hair and tan skin and was wearing a blue blazer, white shirt, pink skirt, and pink flats. "Hm. Look like a nice couple." Penn thought. "Sylvester! Nice to see you old pal!" Brock said as he and the Japanese man, Sylvester did a hand shake. "Same to you, old friend." The man said. "Vonnie. It is so nice to see you again." The Indian woman said, hugging Penn's mother. "Same to you, Tía." Vonnie said. "An you must be Penn. It is very nice to meet you. I am Sylvester Kobayashi, and this is my wife, Tía." The man said. "Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs. Kobayashi." Penn said, giving a polite smile and shaking their hands.

The Kobayashi parents stepped aside to let the newcomers in. Penn looked around the house. It was huge! Probably as big as his place!! "Sashi! Come down here! The guests are here!" Tía yelled above her. "Coming!" A female voice with a Japanese accent called back. "Hang on. Sashi... Kobayashi? Why does that sound familiar?" Penn thought to himself. Looking at the stairs, he saw the mystery girl and his breath hitched. She was a Japanese girl with brown hair with yellow highlights and brown eyes. Her hair was down and curled up a bit. She was wearing a pretty black sleeveless dress and nude heels. Penn felt a pinch of pink onto his cheeks and a smile crept up his face. "Wow. She's... beautiful. Wait as second. Sashi Kobayashi? Wait!! Now I remember! She's that shy girl that I have geometry with." He thought.

"Sashi. These are Brock and Vonnie Zero, and their son, Penn." Tía said to her daughter. "Nice to meet you, dear." Vonnie said. "Thank you. You to." Sashi said. "Hey. It's nice seeing you again." Penn said. "Thank you. Same to you." She said. "Oh. You two know each other?" Brock asked. "Yeah. We have geometry together." Penn explained to his parents while Sashi shyly nodded. "This is fantastic! Sashi, why don't you show Penn to your room while we wait for dinner to be ready?" Sylvester asked his daughter. "Sure. Come on." Sashi said, leading the redhead to the stairs.