Can't Help Falling in Love With You

Age: 19/20. The trio are in college for this story. AU where Penn and Sashi are not dating yet.

College. That time in your life where you study for the career you want to do as a adult, take harder classes, and for some, the time to move out and live in their own. Such was the case for Penn Zero, Sashi Kobayashi, and Boone Wiseman. They all had moved out of their homes and gone to lives in the dorms of the local college in Middleburg. What surprised them the most was not the hard classes nor the stressful days. It was the fact that the dorms were coed. And, wouldn't you know it, Sashi was stuck being roommates with Penn.

Much to Penn's dismay.

For throughout the years ever since they were in high school, Penn had a crush on Sashi. Now, you might be wondering how did that happen? Well, here's the run down of what happened:

Penn's crush on Sashi had begun somewhat around the time that his parents had finally gotten out of the most dangerous world imaginable. He didn't know why, but he began to think that Sashi was actually pretty. Really pretty. Of course, there was a time where he considered asking her out, but there was one problem with that. Teddy was dating Sashi. Freaking Teddy was dating his woman. Of course Penn wanted to get Sashi away from Teddy, but being the good friend, he pretended to be happy for his crush and hide his jealousy.

However, as the years went on by, Penn began to notice that something was a bit off with his friend. It started when they were in their Junior year of high school. It was during the time all of them didn't want to face. The dreadful SAT test. And while Penn himself was nervous about the test, Sashi was a nervous wreck. She would stay home and study for hours. But she would also once in a while skip meals. Sashi considered herself lucky that she didn't get an eating disorder because of it. But still, it worried the redhead whenever she would show up at school all pale and tired.

But then came their first year of freshman in college. That was when things went a bit crazy. While Penn usually decided to stay in their dorm, Sashi went out partying with Teddy and his friends, which was odd for the redhead. Usually Sashi was the one to stay at home while Penn would go to the parties, not the other way around. And the redhead had a good reason. He's seen the movies. He knows what happened in those parties, and he had no interest to be part of it. And that was when he realized that Teddy was not a good influence on Sashi. At all. Now a year has gone by and Penn was going to get answers.

Wether Sashi liked it or not.

It was a spring Friday night. The air was not too cold but one should at least wear a light jacket or a warm sweatshirt. Penn was sitting in his bed, reading a book for English class, and Queen's Radio Ga Ga was quietly playing in the back ground. If there was one thing that he was thankful for, it was that each dorm had two bedrooms. Less the awkwardness, the better. For the moment, the boy wore something more comfortable, which was a white Queen sweatshirt with the band's logo, and a pair of blue jeans.

Penn placed the book inside his backpack. "Ah. Finally, got my homework done. Now I have two days for myself." That was when he noticed Sashi walking to the door, wearing a black dress, ready to go partying. "Okay. That's it! I had enough of this myself." He thought. Getting up from his bed, he rushed out of his room to see that she was about to leave. "Hey. Where are we going?" He asked, walking closer to the girl. "To a Party." She said. "Let me guess, with Teddy?" Penn asked. She nodded.

He sighed. "Okay. Sashi, we need to talk." He said. "About what?" She asked. "About this. You partying with Teddy every chance you have. That's not you." "So your saying that I can't go to a party?" Sashi asked. "No! I'm saying that you shouldn't do it everyday. It not good for you." He said, trying to reason with her. "You're not my mother! You can't tell me what to do!" Sashi argued, just about to leave. But Penn walked over and closed the door before she could.