"Were they?"

7

THERE THEY STOOD,

In the middle of the jewelry store, five boys, heavily armed; taking everything they had wanted. Money, jewelry, more money and phones, lots and lots of phones from customers; only to drop them in the bag, which they would later throw out.

"Hey, i said hands up, you idiot!" The eldest of the five, Jonah, yelled, aiming his gun at the teenage boy; who quickly put his arms up. "That's what i thought. Don't you want to go back to your mommy and daddy?" He pouted, which you could see through the forest green mask he was wearing; which only covered the upper part of his face, making his nose, mouth and chin visible, the rest was covered by the black hood from the jacket he was wearing. "I asked you something," He stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to read out the name on the boy's shirt. "Ricky, that's cute," He laughed.

"Y-yes, i want to g-go home," Ricky answered the question, with his body shaking. "Then shut your damn mouth and let us do the work," This time, the youngest, Zach, had spoken up through gritted teeth. He was annoyed at all the humans their frightened faces and dumb actions of trying to contact someone.

"Calm down, we're almost done," Daniel, the one with the prettiest blue eyes; showing from behind the mask, calmed the younger one down. Daniel knew how much Zach hated the way people in general were scared of anything and everything. Just how he was when the person, the police still hadn't found, had not only murdered his parents, but his younger siblings too.

"We took all the money from behind, let's go," Corbyn, the second to eldest, spoke, with their last friend and partner in crime, Jack, standing right beside him. "Finally, all these people are annoying the shit out of me," Zach rolled his eyes, walking towards the back door, where the last of their friend group was waiting in the escape bus; Eben was his name.

"Let's go then you guys!" He yelled impatiently. The boys laughed, making them seem like normal people for once in their lifetimes, but that soon had stopped while hearing the damn sirens ringing in their ears. "Let's go! Now!" Jack had yelled, running through the back door with two bags full of jewelry. "Go, go, go!! Jonah had yelled after him, making Corbyn and Daniel leave out the door before him.

They had left and the door had closed. "Show me your hands!" Jonah's eyes went wide, hearing the words being said behind him. "Fuck." He thought, knowing that there were probably multiple guns now being aimed at him. He put his arms up slowly, the gun still in his right hand. "Set the weapon down and slide it towards us with your foot," One of the female officers had said, making sure her weapon was being aimed right at his head.

Slowly, Jonah had kneeled down, knowing this was not happening to him. He smirked, looking at Ricky who was so close to him. He quickly made a move, taking Ricky's body in his arms and locking one of his arms around his neck, while the other held the gun at his head, protecting his own body with Ricky's.

"Now, how about this," He paused, feeling as if he now had all the time in the world. "You are going to let me go and the boy will be unharmed and returned to his family, or you could try and shoot me," Jonah shrugged his shoulders, a smirk displaying on his face.

"Baby, we have to go, now!" Corbyn walked through the back door, knowing Jonah must have had it all under control. "Yeah, we're leaving," Jonah winked at his loved one, walking backwards with Ricky still in his arms.

"They've got a hostage. Do not shoot, i repeat, do not shoot." Was heard multiple times.

Once they were in fresh air again, with the heavy sobbing of Ricky entering their ears, as well as the rain hitting the ground, they quickly entered the bus. Soon bullets going of was heard also, making them all flinch.

Everyone was safe, or were they?

Wc: 704