"Sleep over"

34

𝚉𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙷

"Hey, keep it down a bit, please, i'm going to sleep now," A smile was shown as the three young teens looked, for one of them, their father and for the rest their best friend's father, in the eyes. "We will, dad, goodnight," Jonah stood to his feet, walking over to Corbyn and giving him a hug and a kiss on his cheek as a goodnight.

"Keep the volume low, sweetheart," Jonah nodded, running back to his bed and jumping on it with a laugh. The two other thirteen year olds laughed, waving goodbye at Corbyn as he closed the bedroom door and turning back to Jonah with loud giggles. "I like your dad, he's cute," "Daniel!" Jonah exclaimed with a gasp, punching the teen on the shoulder playfully; Daniel only giggled— what he was saying was true and everyone knew, but still Corbyn was his best friend's father; an adult with a child.

"Oh, come on, you know it's true!" Jack spoke with another giggle falling from his lips, his two best friends joining in with laughs.

Corbyn now sat on his bed, not being able to fall asleep hearing the loud talking, music and giggles. The blonde turned around and opened the drawer of his beside table, taking out the sleeping pills and chugging two of them down with the bottle of water that stood on his bedside table uselessly. In moments Corbyn had fallen asleep, completely oblivious to the actions that would occur later that night.

"Maybe we should play truth, or dare, these series are boring," Jack suggested, pausing the Nickelodeon series the three boys, even though they are thirteen and were considered too old for it, very much liked. "Yeah sure, why not," Jonah giggled in response, turning on his back on the blanket laid out on the ground. "Maybe i should get the sleeping bags, we could be more comfortable instead of laying on the plain ground. It's hurting my back and i'm still a child!" He explained dramatically, making the two other teenage boys laugh.

"Do you want one of us to go with you, Jo?" Jonah shook his head with a smile. "No, i'm alright, you guys just continue eating. It's the only thing you're good at anyway," The gasps were enough for Jonah to start running out of the door with a giggle, stopping his running once he was out of breath.

He walked through the living room, frightened of how dark it was. The outside was pitch-black; no street lights on, since it was already four in the morning. He looked around his living room, his arms around himself for protection of whatever creatures may appear out of the darkness. He took slow steps to the closet by the garden door, knowing the five sleeping bags Corbyn and him had bought for their family's camping trips were located in there.

Jonah opened it with a small breath, clutching the strings of the three bags in his hand and closing it with a sigh, nothing had attacked him like he had feared.

The boy had a small smile on his face as he saw the photo of his father and him on their first camping trip; the time when his mother was still alive— taking the picture he would forever cherish and love. He put the small picture in his sweatpants pocket, he closed the zipper of the pocket and turned around.

A scream fell from his lips, the frightening experience taking its toll on him. He watched the knife in the male's hand, the black eyes staring right into Jonah's blue orbs; although they looked just as black in the darkness.

"Are there more people in this house at the moment?" The criminal asked him, walking up to the frozen boy and taking his tiny wrists in one hand to keep him from doing anything. "N-no," Jonah lied, he didn't want to endanger his friends, nor his father. Just then giggles entered their ears, the stranger looking down at the three sleeping bags that were first in Jonah's hands, now laying on the ground.

"No, huh? Two different laughs, three different sleeping bags. No one else is here, right?" Jonah once more shook his head, he wanted to prevent anything happening to the ones he loved. "There are, but please don't hurt them. We- we didn't do anything wrong, sir," Instead of crying and screaming out, Jonah tried to stay calm and find a good way out of the dangerous situation; he may still be a child, but he was smart and with his uncle, Jordan, in the military he had learned not to freak out and how to defend himself and others in these type of situations— let everyone who did not know stay out of it and lead the danger away even if it means to endanger your own life.