"Daisy"

26

𝚉𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙴𝙻

The blonde boy turned a corner, waving at his friends as he had seen them waiting by the café door. "Hey, girls," He smiled, his red, high-waisted skirt swaying as the wind brushed past their bodies. "Hi, Dani. Come on, they're waiting for you inside," The red haired took his hand and pulled him inside, being greeted by the owners of the café, as always; Daniel was very known around town.

"What song are you signing today, Daniel?" Mrs. Elliot asked him and helped him set up the microphone. "Don't know, yet. Any requests?" The blonde smiled at her, pulling the leather jacket off of his arms and setting it down on the chair. "Hm, i have always loved this song from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. It's called, 'where the wild roses grow'. The lyrics are pretty dark, but the song is amazing," She smiled at him as he sat down, holding the microphone in his hand and his guitar on his lap, the strap around his shoulder and neck. Daniel nodded at her with a smile, seeing her walk away to the back and stand there to watch his performance with her husband.

"Hi, as some of you know, i'm Daniel," He giggled, brushing his blonde hair out of his eyes. "I will be singing 'where the wild roses grow' for you today. If you don't want to listen, sorry, it's my job, i can't do otherwise," He shrugged when he heard the laughs; only, because he was serious with his sentence.

He put the microphone back in its stand and started strumming the snares of his guitar slowly.

"They call me The Wild Rose
But my name was Elisa Day
Why they call me it I do not know
For my name was Elisa Day

He closed his eyes slowly, singing softly into the microphone. He could feel the eyes on him as he continued, the uncomfortable stare at the back of his head.

"From the first day I saw her I knew she was the one
As she stared in my eyes and smiled
For her lips were the colour of the roses
They grew down the river, all bloody and wild

He smiled, holding his guitar close to his chest. He could feel the oh-so familiar eyes on him; Zach's eyes. The honey-brown orbs watching his every breath and every move.

"When he knocked on my door and entered the room
My trembling subsided in his sure embrace
He would be my first man, and with a careful hand
He wiped the tears that ran down my face

Daniel could remember all the times he was crying and the brunette boy was there for him, holding him close and whispering sweet nothings into his ear. He missed him, with everything in him, but Daniel knew he couldn't get back together with him. Not after the jealousy incident; which caused his death.

"They call me The Wild Rose
But my name was Elisa Day
Why they call me it I do not know
For my name was Elisa Day

His voice quivered, he could remember what they called him, 'Daisy'. The name, because he was found along the daisies; bloody, with a flower between his teeth.

"On the second day I brought her a flower
She was more beautiful than any woman I'd seen
I said, 'Do you know where the wild roses grow
So sweet and scarlet and free?'

"On the second day he came with a single rose
Said: 'Will you give me your loss and your sorrow?'
I nodded my head, as I laid on the bed
He said, 'If I show you the roses will you follow?'

Zach brought him a flower that very day, but he didn't suspect his boyfriend of a thing, hurting with the thoughts of not being enough; the brunette was there for him— always. Taking away his pain with a single kiss.

"They call me Daisy
But my name was Elisa Day
Why they call me it I do not know
For my name was Elisa Day

The blonde slipped up, cursing at himself in his head, hoping nobody had noticed. Zach had, though and he was glaring at the blonde he forced to stay with him; threatening Daniel to kill his family and friends.

"On the third day he took me to the river
He showed me the roses and we kissed
And the last thing I heard was a muttered word
As he stood smiling above me with a rock in his fist

"On the last day I took her where the wild roses grow
And she lay on the bank, the wind light as a thief
As I kissed her goodbye, I said, 'All beauty must die'
And lent down and planted a rose between her teeth

On the third day, Zach took him to the river, showing him the body with the single daisy between his bloody teeth. He forced Daniel into a kiss and kept him close, whispering the threatening words into his ear.

"They call me The Wild Rose
But my name was Elisa Day
Why they call me it I do not know
For my name was Elisa Day

They call him Daisy, but his name was Jack Avery and why they called him that, he would never know.

wc: 894.