"The one with power"

Grab some cookies, 'cause this bitch is a long chapter.

19

IT WAS JUNE

fifteenth 2008, the ten year old sat in his living room, surrounded by his family. The blue eyes looked up at his father, who was holding his nine year younger sister, Svea, tight while he skipped to the previous channel on the television.

"Jonah, do you want an apple? I could cut it up for you," Jonah moved his blue eyes to look at his mother, who was standing next to his other younger sister, Esther and his sixteen year old brother, Zebulon. "No, thank you, mommy," He replied sweetly to her, smiling when she did and let his focus go back to the movie that was playing.

"Mom, maybe we should tell him," The voice distracted Jonah from the first ever made Harry Potter movie, turning his head to look at his mother and brother arguing, but trying to keep their argument to themselves. "We do not know if he's like you, Zebulon. Stop, before he hears our conversation,"

Carrie turned her back to him, continuing on baking the birthday cake. "He loves magic, mom. There's no way he isn't like me. Plus, how did that damn glass disappear. He talked to the animal and you, too, have seen it! He's a Parselmouth," Their mother turned around to see the big, blue eyes staring at them from afar. "Stop it, now," Zebulon's head hung low with a sigh, walking away from the kitchen and towards his brother.

"Hey, bub," With a smile, the soon-to-be birthday boy looked up at him. "Happy one day until your eleventh birthday day," Jonah thanked him with a laugh, focusing back on the movie, while his brother picked him up and set Jonah next to him. "So, what do you want for your birthday?" Pretending to think, Jonah watched the movie, answering. "A wand, magic, friends; everything he has that i don't," "Well, maybe very soon, you will get exactly that," Kissing his temple, Zebulon turned his attention to the movie also, pulling Jonah into his side and letting the five year younger boy lean his head on his chest.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Jonah, happy birthday to you," The now eleven year old awkwardly looked around him while they sang, a shy smile on his face. "Blow out the candles, bub," Looking at the owl birthday cake, Jonah sighed contently, blowing out the eleven candles on the beautiful cake his mother had made just the day before.

"Happy birthday," Carrie kissed his cheek, hugging him with a smile. "Thank you, mommy, happy i-entered-your-life-and-made-it-better day to you too," Jonah replied with a teasing smile, taking the candles out of the cake and cutting it in perfectly even slices. "Mom," Zebulon's voice held excitement, walking from the hallway towards the dining room where his family sat in chairs and ate their slice of the birthday cake.

"He got it," He paused, the Hogwarts letter in his hand. "And he got in," Jonah's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean? What are you talking about, Zay?" The eleven year old got handed the letter, reading carefully over the front.

Mr. J. Frantzich .
The room filled with stars .
323 Atlantic Ave ,
Thief River Falls, Minnesota ,
United States .

Jonah frowned, did they really see his love for the five movies and all the books as a joke? He placed it on the table and turned to look at his family. "That's not funny. This just makes me upset," Zebulon frowned, looking at him with his mouth opened just the slightest. "It's not a joke, Jo. You have a gift, just like me," Jonah only looked down, shaking his head and continuing to eat the cake on the plate in his hands. "At least open and read it, please," Carrie had spoken, pushing the letter back in his hands and taking his plate away. "No,"