"Money"

16

𝚉𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙷

"I'M SO SORRY,"

The boy said, standing in the grocery store, his gun now shakily aimed at another teen, who looked like he had more than a lot of money. The younger teen looked at him, frightened, but gave him most of the money that he had on him. "I just need it to support my family," Jonah spoke, his heart aching at what he was doing. Zach looked up in his eyes, all he saw was hurt, sadness, guilt. There was a deathly silence throughout the store, not one person dared to speak, nor to stand from the ground.

"Hey, you're alright," He spoke softly, making Jonah bite his lower lip, as tears were threatening to leave his gorgeous, gray-blue eyes. Zach leaned down slowly; avoiding being shot, taking his shoe off and opening the secret room in the sole where his money, for emergencies, was hid. He took all the money out and spoke to him softly. "Take this and don't take their money," Zach spoke, giving Jonah hundreds of dollars and brushing his fingertips over Jonah's covered cheek, as the older lowered his gun. His eyes had widened at the sight, there was so much money. "Thank you," He whispered, running out of the store.

"We've heard you gave him your money, so he wouldn't take it from the others, is that correct?" Zach looked at her, the camera pointed at him and the microphone placed close by his lips. "No, it's not. I gave it to him, so he could support his family; that's all he needed to do," Zach answered, looking at her with a small roll of the eyes. "Not everyone can get a job, nor is rich. I just didn't want him, nor his family to starve to death,"

"Jonah!" His little sister jumped up once she had seen her brother's figure in the hallway. "Hi, baby," The brunette smiled, hugging his littlest sister tight. "What do we have for dinner?" Svea questioned him, holding his hand loosely, while they walked to the kitchen. "Will you keep it a secret from the rest?" Jonah had asked, an unnoticeable smile on his face. "Sure?" The older only laughed. "Chicken," "Really?" Svea questioned him again, her right eyebrow raised. "Yes, really," Jonah smiled, seeing how excited she got at the word, they hadn't had a good meal in over a week. "I will cook dinner, you go wake mom, okay?" She nodded at him, running up the stairs and towards the last door in the hallway.

"Happy birthday, mom," Jonah smiled at her, putting the plate down in her lap. "Thank you, sweetheart," She carefully gripped his chin and made him lean down, kissing his cheek. "I have to ask, though, Jonah. What did you do?" Her eyes scanned his face, noticing how uncomfortable he got at the question. "What i had to do to keep us healthy," The brunette only answered, keeping his eyes from meeting his mother's.

"Jonah, don't do it again. Never again. Promise me?" He looked down at his sick mother, keeping her hand in his and leaning down to kiss her forehead. "Promise. You will get your medicine tomorrow, mom,"

wc: 526

[a/n]
I'm sorry that this was so short, i had this idea, but then i couldn't continue it and it ended up like this 🤷‍♀️