Chapter 35

Monique 

*

I had just finished getting ready when there was a knock on the door. I was a bit nervous but mostly excited about today's date. I have a feeling it would be ten times better than the last one. Being more open with the idea that me and Zyshonne could be together makes a world of difference. I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. "Hey," I smiled opening it. "Awe! Y'all so cute." 

Zy and Cadence wore matching outfits. Zyshonne had this 'Father of a princess' shirt with jeans and Jordans. Cadence shirt said 'Daughter of a king' and it looked like she just got her hair done. "Who did your hair Cadence?" It was cute but only I do her hair so I'm lowkey jealous right now.

"Gannie," she said walking in the house like she owned the place. 

"Oh okay. It's fine then."

"You were about to have a fit," Zy said stepping into the house laughing.

"Hell yeah. You know I don't like nobody playing in her hair. But since ma did it I'll let it slide."

"I'm glad you approve," he chuckled. "Ready to go? Surprised. It takes you like three hours to get ready."

"No it doesn't," I lied. It dead does take me a long ass time to get ready but half the time is really spent in the shower. Then a quarter of it is spent trying to figure out what I want to wear if I don't already have an outfit in mind.

"I know you Mo," he chuckled. "Let's go women. We got places to be."

"Come on Mo," Cadie said with a bag of chips she snuck out of the cabinet. This child is so grown. 

"So she's coming with us?" I asked as he walked us to the car.

"For the first half yeah. Me and Cadie are a package deal and I thought it would be good to treat my leading ladies today. I know me being in jail took a toll on you two so we're going to have fun and unwind."

"Six Flags!" Cadie yelled. 

"Damn Cdie I told you that was a secret," Zy said making me laugh. 

"Oh yeah! Shush Mo. No tell." 

"Okay baby," I laughed climbing in the car. "So we're going to Six Flags huh?" I smiled. "I haven't been there in ages."

"Exactly why we're going. I'm gonna whoop that ass in games," he smirked. 

"Bet," I laughed. Zy and I are competitive as hell. So this is going to be fun as hell. I reached over to plug my phone up into the AUX and played music. Cadie was getting hype to all the songs and had me dying. This little girl acts JUST like Zy. "Go Cadie! Go Cadie!" I was recording her as she was dancing in her seat. Zy was in the front dancing and hyping her out. 

"Go daddy!" Cadie said now hyping up Zy. It was too cute man. I really did love these two to pieces. 

"Iight time to turn down," Zy said pulling up.

"No turn down turn up," Cadie said still bopping in her seat. 

"I created a monster," Zy sighed making me chuckle. We found a parking spot and got out. Zy was giving Cadie a piggyback ride to the gate where we paid to get in. Cadie went wild. This would be her first time coming to the amusement park. We were initially waiting until her fifth birthday that way she'd have friends in school who would want to come with her.

With Cadie being so young me and Zy couldn't go on that many rides but we did have fun watching Cadie go wild. There was a mini swing ride that we could not get her away from for at least twenty minutes. She rode the little train around the park and went on some more rides. Me and Zy played a bunch of games that I mostly won.