34 | home is where the heart is

sunday

waking up, i looked to my right and saw finn lying there. i nudged him softly and he woke up instantly. he rubbed his face and sat up.

"hey." he said.

"hi." i replied.

"so how do you feel?" he asked me.

"i honestly don't know if this was the right decision. don't get me wrong, i missed this and you a lot finn. but i don't think it was fair of me to do this to dean even if he told me to." i confessed.

"i get it. when you make your decision, even if it isn't me, i will live with it and i won't interfere. i just want you to be happy." he told me as he pulled me onto his lap.

i wrapped my arms around his neck to give him a hug.

"thank you for being so understanding. i love you so much but i truly think our time has passed. we have to move on from this. you were and will always be my first love. you taught me everything and for that i am so grateful. you have shaped me into the woman i am today. finn, you are the sweetest man and i am happy that you're still in my life even if we have to be friends. thank you for everything." i said as i dropped a few tears.

i heard nothing from him. i pulled back and saw him silently crying.

"finn.." i said as i wiped his tears.

"i'm sorry i couldn't be the one for you. i really wanted to be. if i could go back and make things right, i would. it's hard for me to believe that this really marks the end of our final chapter in the book of chlo and finn. thank you for everything, you are and will always be my first love." he said, giving me a peck on the lips.

"you were just enough for me finn. it wasn't you, my insecurities and time got in the way of us. in another life, maybe we could have worked." i said as i got up from his lap.

i put on my clothes quickly and looked over at finn who hadn't moved one bit.

"thank you once again. i will forever love you." i said as i gave him a final peck.

"i guess this is it, our final chapter. and you know i love you too... no matter what i will always do." he sighed.

"yeah but, now a new chapter starts. our friendship. let's keep supporting each other okay? i wanted to let you know that i have requested a short break from the wwe. i already dropped the title. i don't know when i'll be back but i'll come back when the time is right. so consider this a see you soon." i waved goodbye and left the room before he could respond.

•••

(time jump: 2 months)

about two months have passed since that day with finn. i took two months off to do some soul searching. i needed a break to think about everything.

i thought about everything constantly and after my closure with finn, i finally came to a conclusion.

dean. he is my home. whenever i'm not with him, i feel empty. he is the man that i belong with. and here i was, standing outside his hotel door, shaking with fear.