CHAPTER TWO

Quote of the day:Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

   "Don't tell me you don't find that CEO hot?" Chloe asked half screaming as she bounced up and down on Ashley's bed. Her brunette hair was cascaded around her, flying into several directions as she moved.

   Oh yes, they did live together. Chloe isn't just a colleague, but also her best friend right from high school and her only family, they have always been inseparable. They attended the same college and both moved to New York two years ago.

   Chloe had come to Ashley's room for whatever reason she couldn't fathom, and ever since she had been tormenting her about the new CEO. Ashley wished she would shut up, but no one could actually shut Chloe up if she was on her rampage of hot guys. Her second wish of escape was for some UFO ship coming right now to kidnap her, but it wasn't coming forth either. If there was one thing she didn't need, it was discussing Greg Marshall. The thought of him alone brought back her deepest fears and saddest memories.

   Every memory of that night came back to her when she remembered his eyes again, she found herself going back to hating herself and feeling nothing but guilt and pain.

"Nooo, I practically don't," Ashley said. It was a lie she knew, and Chloe could tell it was a lie. She indeed found him hot, it was hard not to. He had always found a way to appear in her dreams, most times all she saw were his haunting green eyes full of hate, and that was a bad thing.

    "That's a huge lie!" Chloe said giving her a scary look that got her saying the truth most of the time, but this time she didn't cower, and just stared right back at her. "Are you fucking serious, how can you not feel anything? like you even stood so close to him, how can..."

"Well it is because I don't think there's anything fantastic about him." Ashley interrupted her between gritted teeth.

   "Well you do, because the look on your face says otherwise, and you were practically checking him out at the conference room. Maybe I should try hooking you up with him, now that would be fun," Chloe said. She clapped her hands like she just got the best idea in the world.

   "Don't you dare try to do that!"

   "I won't do anything, I'm sure the heavens must be involved in this, because he chose you as his secretary," Chloe said with a devilish grin.

  Ashley found herself chuckling at Chloe's stupid look, but she still looked pretty.

    They were both fucking gorgeous, agreed, even at their worst. Ashley had a beautiful long auburn hair, it had naturally been all curls but she started straightening them out two years ago after that night, oh how she hates the thought of that day. It was long and a little bit wavy now, her Hazel eyes were tinted with a little specks of blue and green, and to top it all she had a crazy figure. She wasn't slim and didn't want to be, she was way too curvaceous to be described as slim.

  While Chloe is a brunette who has a striking gray eyes which was quite uncommon and a pointed nose, she could be described as slim, model shape, very pretty, so they were both heavenly.

    Ashley remembered back in high school, they were enemies with most of the girls, mostly because they couldn't deal with their dual beauty. She hadn't minded the fact that they had mostly enemies, in fact she liked it. Chloe was the only person she had been interested in being friends with.

    "Look at you! Ashley you must find him attractive, you just completely zoned out," Chloe said pointing an accusing finger at her. Ashley wanted to slap some sense into her, but she didn't.

   "No I didn't," she replied instead trying to defend herself. Although she did zone out, but it wasn't because of her new CEO.

    "Yes, you did."

Ashley decided she wasn't going to have the childish banter with Chloe, so she zipped her mouth shut. She soon heard a loud noise. The noise was actually her phone, ringing. She tried taking it off the table, but Chloe beat her to it.

     Chloe's eyes went round with apparent shock, Ashley knew it was definitely going to be for a stupid reason. She reached for her phone but Chloe raised it up.

   "Greg Marshall!" She read out loud with round eyes, "you already got his number!"

    "Well, what do you expect? I'm to be his secretary from tomorrow. Now hand over my phone to me," She said, but Chloe been Chloe answered the call and put it on speaker.

     "What took you so long?" She heard Greg Marshall's voice say with impatience. She wanted to ask him if he forgot to take his mannerisms pills, but she knew better than to offend her boss when she was just starting out.

   "I was looking for my phone," Ashley lied because she really couldn't tell him her best friend had decided to be stupid.

    "Typical," he said with an unsurprised tone like he had been expecting her to be searching for her phone. She just wished he wasn't insinuating that she was clumsy. "I hope you are not this disoriented with your work because I won't have that."

   It took everything in her not to snap at him.

   "What did you call me for...sir?" She asked dragging the sir.

  "Aren't you supposed to give a reply to what I just said?" Greg Marshall asked briskly, making her groan internally. He was proving to be worse than she anticipated.

   "I didn't know it deserved a reply," she said with sass, why? because she just didn't care anymore.

  "A simple 'yes sir,' would have done the job," he said quietly. He made it look like he was talking to a two year old, and she wanted to bash his head in right now, "I'm your Boss you know."

   Ashley inhaled deeply calming herself so that she wouldn't explode, it was too early to start showing him her inner angry monster, "yes sir."

   "That's more like it."

   "Now why did you call me sir?" she asked ignoring the look on Chloe's face that was begging her to be more polite.

   "Well I just wanted to confirm if the number you put down on your file was correct," He said ever so slightly, like he hadn't just disrupted someone's peace.

  "What!" Ashley said with utter bewilderment, this guy had some nerves. "I'm very sure the next thing I should be expecting is for you to come to my house just to confirm if the address I left was correct also," like how could he be so inco...

   "You are so fucking right. I'm at your doorstep right now, that's if the address you left is correct."

   "What!" both her and Chloe said at the same time, this had got to be a joke.

   "Your hot CEO seems to be a little bit nut." Ashley said to Chloe covering the phone with her palm and as if on cue the doorbell rang. Chloe ran to the doorstep immediately without even a glance at her.

   She stood up from her bed reluctantly, walking slowly to the sitting room with a silent prayer that it wasn't her new boss at the door but one of their crazy neighbors. But on getting to the sitting room, Ashley saw Chloe ushering in a misplaced Greg Marshall who was looking out of place in their small apartment.

Greg was still in the same clothes he had worn earlier today, but the suit and tie was off. The first two buttons on the shirt were gone and she could see his hard chest from where she was, every bit of muscle rippling in that toned body of his.

   He gazed at their apartment with curiosity and after some time he looked at her and gave her a dashing smile, her heart did a flip-flop right then. Her throat suddenly felt dry and patchy. She remembered those same lips that are smiling at her now sneering at her with disgust two years ago. She wondered why he came into her life so suddenly again when she thought she could finally live freely, free from guilt and everything else. But she was mistaken because she walked right into the Lion's den herself unknowingly.

Chapter two.
Love : Mary Aden