CHAPTER FORTY SIX

Dedicated to: _Victoria_yemi

Quote of the day : Don't ever give up, never forget that.

Never would he have thought a day like today would happen, he had never for once engaged in a physical fight with a person before, he tried to avoid it as much as possible. He hated getting physical with people, the act of violence alone repulses him, but today he had to do it. He was at a lost because first he wasn't that good a fighter and secondly he had one of his hands cuffed, putting him at a bigger lost. Although Hunt Wells didn't look much, but damn, the man was strong.

The only thing he could do now was try to hold down this man just until Ashley gets the door opened. He just prays help would be close to them, he really didn't know but he needed her to get out of there, she is been hurt enough by her own father. Still with his struggling he felt something sharp scratch through his skin bringing out a sound of pain from his lips, then he looked down at the source of pain. The psycho had cut him with a knife on his chest.

It hurt like hell, he stared as blood rapidly stained his blue shirt turning it dark. At this point Hunt Wells was already standing up, he took every willpower he had and pulled him back again although hurt. He turned to Ashley she still hadn't opened the door, he knew that was it, it was the end for him.

Greg watched as the psycho turned in his arms and raised his hand that held the knife that was now coated in his blood, he closed his eyes waiting for the impact of the knife on his skin again, but then he heard a gunshot. The sound of the gun had him paralyzed, it brought back some unwanted memories, but then he got rid of it quickly.

He had no idea that Hunt Wells had a gun, but he wasn't feeling any sort of pain. Just as he was still contemplating he felt the psycho go stiff in his arms, then his knife fell off before the psycho fell on him. He heard footsteps run into the room, he knew then that Ashley must have opened the door, it was then he actually relaxed.

The body of the psycho was hauled off him and he saw Cade, turns out they weren't so useless. He watched as Gage was busy loosing the chains around his father's body, he looked at the man with conflicted emotions, for once he could say he didn't feel total hatred for the man. Greg looked round and saw Chloe busy hugging Ashley and just then he was pulled into a bear hug himself, he stopped the sound of pain that wanted to escape his lips as his cut chest made contact with Nora.

"Nora," Greg called soothingly running his free hand around her hair. He felt her crying into his chest.

"I thought I lost you forever, I thought you were also gone, I...I..."

"Nora, I'm here now. Don't cry." He said convincing her. He understood her well, he also wouldn't be able to die peacefully if he knew he was leaving Nora behind.

"We should call an ambulance for the bodies, this place stinks." He heard Davis voice saying before he saw him appear beside Gage assisting him in lifting his father. Nora stood up then gasping, she was staring at his bloodied chest, he ignored her and looked for Ashley. He was indeed very glad that all had ended well, she turned to look at him then, he could see her eyes were still glassy with tears.

Chloe pulled herself off Ashley and nudged her towards his direction, he watched her come closer to him, once she was near enough he pulled her down into him and right then she started sobbing all over again.

"Its over Ashley, it is." And it was indeed over. He would make sure she had no reason to cry again, he vowed within himself that he would alleviate all her fears, why? Because she was the woman he loved, yes the love of his life.

She had suffered enough, having such a psychotic father would have definitely taken a toll on anyone and she had dealt with it well. Now she had no reason to feel any form of guilt towards him cause she was also a victim, a victim of something she had no hand in.