CHAPTER TEN

Quote of the day: keep on trying even if it seems like your efforts are not paying off believe me every step is worth it.

   Greg watched every expression that was being displayed on her face, he guess this was one of those times when she was an open book. She looked sad, and there was this look of regret, at this point he didn't know what to make of this lady sitting in front of him. Just yesterday she wanted to leave at all means, now he was giving her the chance to, she had this look.

    "Is the person coming in immediately? I can fill up for the person until he or she is ready, and I can also help train the person you know," Ashley said looking at everywhere except his face. He couldn't hide the smile that started to spread over his face.

   "Sorry, but she resumed work today since you didn't show up. I really can't do everything on my own," he said wanting to mess with her more.

   "That fast! its like you have been wanting me to leave all this while and didn't say anything," she said loudly, now staring into his eyes with anger.

   "Yeah maybe..."

   "But just yesterday you didn't want me to resign..." Ashley asked sounding a little bit hurt now. He looked into her hazel eyes, it looked hurt too. He started feeling guilty at that point, but still felt like messing with her, at least for the stress she had put him through today.

    "Well I changed my mind just like you."

   "There is a reason for that," she said.

  "Care to tell me?" he asked and he saw her retreat back into her self, like what was she hiding. He wanted to ask her but decided not to probe her, "well I was just messing with you, I definitely wouldn't have gotten another secretary on such short notice and moreover I like you as my secretary. I want no one else."

   "For real!" she squealed suddenly happy.

  "Yes," he answered with a smile. She was happy he could tell by the way she smiled and within the twinkle of an eye she was hugging him, although seated he could feel every bit of her and, at first he didn't know what to do, he was shocked.

   "Thank you, for giving me a second chance," Ashley said and it seems like she was crying. For some weird reasons he felt that the words meant something else, he wrapped his arms around her feeling some sort of comfort in her arms and damn the fucking attraction. He knew he was attracted to her before, but he didn't know how bad it was. He was so used to pissing her off, that he thought for some reasons he had managed to conquer his attraction towards her... Now the question was did she also feel the same way?

  "Wow, I didn't know I had become an essential part of your life," he said jokingly. She pulled away from him at that and he kinda wished he hadn't spoken, cause he immediately missed her warmth.

  "I'm so sorry Mr Marshall I didn't mean to," she stood up; he couldn't miss the blush that was creeping up her face.

   "So now it is back to Mr Marshall."

  "I just..."

  "Never mind," he stood up and walked up to her. "Don't you think you should make it up to me, because of you I couldn't really work, and now since I'm here;you have the privilege of making my day." He knew fully well that she wouldn't agree and will send him out of her house on the first chance she gets, but he still tried.

   She gave him a quizzical look, "so what would you like to do today?" she gave the brightest smile possible. The smile was so genuine and pretty that he couldn't take his eyes off her.

   "Anyone who saw you now would think you had been waiting for this your whole life." He smiled at her.

   "Its just that I feel we both need this, this can be our impromptu day off... But," she had this look on her face like she was rethinking and he thought she was going to withdraw her offer. "Spending the day off with your boss...is that really a day off, we can just pretend we are working."