CHAPTER SEVEN

Quote of the day: "people come and go but memories stay"

    Greg's head instantly shot up as he heard what Ashley said, "you would like to  what?"

    "Resign sir," Ashley said now sounding more convinced, because to him she sounded not too sure when she first said it.

   He looked at her face trying to search for answers, which he knew was ridiculous.

     Why does she want to resign? Does she feel he was too bossy? Did she get tired of the too much work? Or what?

  She doesn't seem like the one to quit, then why? Greg wanted to ask her this questions, but he would look like he needed her too much, "so."

  Ashley looked at him with disbelief like she expected another answer, he looked at her more closely. Her auburn hair was in that usual tight bun that he had gotten used to, "then I guess I can just go."

    "To where?" he asked curtly.

   "My house of course, where else?"

   "Last I checked you were my employee, and if I'm right this is still working hours, so why will you be going home, Miss wells?" he said with a matter of fact tone.

   "Look here Mr Marshall, I came to tell you this because I couldn't just walk off without informing you..."

   "Do I intimidate you?" he asked cutting her off. He needed to know why, anything would do.

   "No!" Ashley shot back with fire, giving him a head on look. "And back to what I was saying, I am resigning which means I am no longer in your employ."

   "If you wanna resign Ashley, do it the proper way," he said.

   "Proper what?"

   "This is not a coffee shop where you can just up and leave anytime you want and desire, Ashley."

  "What?"

  "The 'Marshall Enterprise' has its ways of dismissing employees. It is either I fire you, or you table a resignation letter which I will have to read. Then if I see that it's considerable, I will send you a consideration letter. After that a meeting will be held with the whole staff where you will state your reason for resignation and maybe after then, I might actually let you go."

      Greg looked up at her and saw her mouth wide open, he stopped himself from grinning widely. If she thought he was gonna let her go so easily she was mistaken. He wasn't ready to let her go, not because she was special though, and it's not that she is the most beautiful woman he had ever set his eyes on. There are definitely others more beautiful than her, wait scratch that, she was fucking gorgeous admitted, but that's not a reason to not let her go. Damn, Ashley was something else, he even went to her house for no particular reason.

    "But when your father was here things weren't done this way. An employee who felt he no longer wanted to work he or she could just drop in his or her resignation letter and leave, why this?" Ashley asked him now sounding quite irritated.

   "Well if you listen correctly to yourself, you said when my father was here right," he paused and looked at her to see her chewing the inside of her mouth. It's one habit he shouldn't have noticed but he did, "who's here now Ashley?...yeah right Greg Marshall, which means new boss new system." He dismissed her.

    "So if I'm to table this resignation letter how many days will it take for me to be able to leave?" she asked and he was beginning to get irritated.

  So Ashley wasn't giving up, "days...more like months," he saw her jaw drop to the floor. "With the amount of work I have on my hands now, let's just pray it doesn't drag into years."