CHAPTER ELEVEN

Quote of the day : There is a hidden potential within you, its for you to find it out, no one else can, except you.

   Greg was trying to draw up some contract when the telephone rang, he picked up the receiver, "Hello, Ashley."

  "Sir, A mr Castle is here to see you," Ashley said from the other end. "And he doesn't have an apoin..."

  "Let him in Ashley," He said.

  He kept on typing expecting his door to burst open any second from now, and yes the door did burst open and in walked Davis Castle, his best friend. They had been friends for nineteen years now. Greg remembered when they  first met, that day, he had been at the school playground, and he didn't have any friends for the stupid things his father had implanted in his head. And he wasn't really a friendly kid, but Davis had walked up to him.  He remembered the first thing Davis said to him that day.

   "Your eyes are really very beautiful, they are green and I love green."

  And for some weird reason that statement had actually cemented Davis as his best friend.

   "Gregory Kane Marshall." Davis yelled as he walked up to his desk, closing the door behind him. He came forward spreading his hands for a hug while Greg sat there looking at him with a blank expression on his face. Davis soon dropped his hands and sat down looking at him with a frown on his flawless features.

  "So, I don't deserve a warm welcome anymore," Davis said feigning annoyance.

   "I don't remember signing a contract that said I had to give you a warm welcome everytime you waltz back into my life after abandoning me," he said with a straight face. Okay, he knew he was taking it too far.

   "Ohh is it about me traveling on such short notice, come on Greg you are no longer twelve," he said laughing, but when he saw that Greg wasn't laughing he stopped. "Okay I'm sorry, jeez I can't believe I still have to apologize to you whenever I return from..."

   "Why are you back so early? You were supposed to be gone for four months," Greg said.

  "You sound like you didn't miss me," Davis said with a silly pout. "Well I heard that my best friend who is so against company work took over his father's company, who he doesn't even have a good relationship with. So what changed your mind?"

   "Nothing really... " he said truthfully,  because he couldn't really understand why he decided to take over the company, well for one his Father had looked pitiful.

  "Was it that hot secretary?" Davis asked with a glint in his eyes. "Ashley or what is her name...she is really gorgeous how did you get her hmmm." Greg didn't know what gave him such impression, he hadn't even met her when he agreed to take over.

   "Stay away from her," he said curtly.

   "Ouch that hurts, you make me sound like I'm an heartbreaker," he said touching his chest with a pretend hurt look.

  "Just stay away from her okay." Greg doesn't know why he felt so uneasy with Davis about Ashley, and it was true Davis wasn't a heartbreaker. He was the kind of guy that you tag as 'too good to be true.' He wasn't just handsome, he also had a heart of gold, and he never hurt a girl. He was the kind of guy that never had sex with a girl whom he wasn't committed to. He was the perfect gentleman, unlike Greg.

     Greg didn't break girls heart but he doesn't do relationships either, he prefer the usual one night stand to anything else but now that doesn't seem to interest either, since who he wants now is Ashley. And Davis had the power to make her fall in love with him, which he didn't like.