CHAPTER NINETEEN

Quote of the day: Believe it or not you can make it happen😁.

  The day seemed to stretch on and on. Ashley got tired of the endless meetings she had to attend that day and the fact that Greg was there didn't ease her at all. She got unnecessarily jumpy whenever he calls her name, and she almost couldn't stop blushing with how many times she caught him staring at her, and he would just wink. She was quite uncomfortable with it, she knew a lot of people could notice the way he had been staring and winking.

  She so much wish he would go back to being hostile, just till this last meeting was done. Ashley tried her best to take note of things as much as she can, or as much as Greg's gaze would let her.

   "So Mr Marshall, what do you think?" She heard the company vice president Mr Stallone asking Greg. She looked up at Greg to see what his opinion on the issue would be. For her she thought it was a very stupid idea but she couldn't say so.

   "I really can't say...but...what do you think Miss wells?" Greg asked looking at her. Ashley was shocked because she was just a secretary. She was only supposed to take note of what is being discussed not give an opinion. And moreover the people in this meeting were all high ranked. "What do you have to say Ashley? Do you think it will be a good idea to not launch any product now and wait till next year and launch in commemoration of the company's twentieth anniversary?"

   Ashley saw that a lot of people were looking at her, it was very rare to see Greg asking for a person's opinion in times like this. Usually he would just downright disagree or say he would  think about it, moreover he was asking of a secretary's opinion. Ashley  saw that most of the directors in the room felt insulted, she wanted to just tell Greg to do whatever he wanted since it was his company, but he was asking of her opinion. So she decided she would say what she really thought about the issue and hope she impresses him.

    "I don't think it would be a good idea," Ashley said truthfully. She saw Greg's face spread into a smile, and she could see Mr Stallone giving her a glare but she continued all the same. "Postponing the launching of product could be quite damaging for the company, a lot of people are aware of our traditions and look forward to the launching of product around this time every three years. And I'm afraid if we don't do it their attention could be stolen by some other company who would take advantage of the situation."

    "That attention would be won back if we launch a better product next year, and such product would enjoy a lot of attention coupled with the whole twentieth year anniversary," Mr Stallone said giving her a hard glare.

   "Well we could still launch now, and create something better next year in commemoration of the twentieth anniversary," she said looking Mr Stallone square in the eye. Ashley actually hated it, she didn't like logging heads with a person of such high position in the company, he could get her sacked. But Greg had asked her so.

   "Well I also think not launching now would be a bad idea, but its nice to hear someone else's opinion," Greg said giving her a smile. "We will launch now as usual, at least its being prepared, and then we will find something to do for the anniversary next year." Ashley saw that a few of the directors agreed with the idea. She felt proud of herself, but she could feel Mr Stallone hatred from where she sat and she didn't care. "That being said I guess this meeting is over." Greg stood up and everyone else stood up. "Miss Wells." He called out to her and walked out of the conference room and she followed behind him.

   "Ashley please I will be really busy so cancel all my remaining appointments, and I don't want to see anybody okay," Greg said as they got to their floor. "And by the way I was really proud of you in there." He gave a smile filled with pride, he looked like a father whose child just won a competition.