Ch.1 she's gone

Songs for this Chapter:

Love me harder- Ariana Grande ft. Zedd

Heartbreaker- Justin Bieber

All of me- John Legend

Madison's POV:

(Note-Justin won't be introduced until the fourth chapter, just be patient and leave feedback)<3

"-I hate you!"

The last words I ever said to my mom replayed in my head over and over again as I stood over her closed casket with an arrangement of her favorite flowers. Purple and White Tulips, she loved how romantic, and subtle they were. I could remember our house constantly being full of them, especially on valentines day, and her birthday.

I let out a quiet sniffle as a tear ran down my cheek. I slowly lowered the flowers onto the casket and turned into the arms of my grandmother as I cried into her shoulder.

"It's gonna be ok baby" She whispered holding onto my tightly.

We stepped to the side as the rest of the family and my mom's closest friends said their last words before she was lowered into the ground.

It was so hard to watch them lower her casket knowing she was in it, all alone. I sat by myself in front of the freshly covered grave as everyone started to leave. The hot Florida heat soaked through my black dress leaving a burning sensation on my back.

I closed my eyes as the last night I saw her started to play out in my mind. Most of the night was a blur but a few things were forever burned into my brain.

-

I had just gotten home from one of the best days I could remember, but when I walked through the door I found my mom and her boyfriend Jason in a heated makeout session on the couch. As grossed out as I was I ignored the two and went up to my room.

I spread out across my bed and started humming along to my favorite Ed Sheeran album, and the next thing I know my mom is up in my room and were fighting. I can't even remember what the fight was about but the last thing I remember I'm shouting out how much I hate her as she's running down the stairs and out the front door.

The night went on without any word, and the next morning I woke up to a booming knock. I opened the door to two policemen, they sat me down in the living room and explained to me what had happened. My mom was driving into the city as a drunk driver speed into her side sending her car off the road and into a tree killing her instantly.

-

Before I could let myself relive that moment my aunt snapped me back to reality.

"Sweetie we need to talk, come over to my house tonight and we'll have dinner" My grandmother explained giving me a tight hug before walking away. I nodded my head in agreeance. I wiped away my tears with my sleeve and made my way to my car, I got to my house after the short 15 minute drive.

It was the first time I had been back to the house since that morning. I had been staying with my grandmother for the past three weeks. I slowly turned the doorknob and swung the door open, I could still smell my mom's perfume, her light pink jacket was laying effortlessly over the couch, and there was a vase of wilting tulips on the coffee table.

I slowly walked in as the tears started to spill over my eyelids. I couldn't help myself, I fell to my knees as I broke down in the doorway.

I wanted nothing more than to leave this house, this city, this state. All the horrid memories of that night, of my life.

-

Vote & Comment
xxx
Lynn