Prologue.

"Calm down, Ma! I'm not leaving yet!" Mei Aihara exclaims.

Her mother, Mazi Aihara has been crying for the last hour "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just can't help it!"

Mei just sighs and packs almost everything "I'm just going to college."

Mazi explodes "That's the thing!"

Her father, Sho Aihara leans on the doorframe, folding his arms "Mazi, listen to your daughter. She's just going to college."

Mazi glares at him while sobbing "For four whole years!"

He scratches his head "Okay I see but she'll visit us sometime, isn't that right, Mei?"

Mei nods in response, packing the last of her clothes "Yes, that's right."

She zipped up the suitcase and places it on the floor.

Mazi sniffs.

She takes a big breath before sobbing again, placing her head into her hands.

"Mother! What's wrong?" says Mei, deeply concerned for her.

Sho is also concerned "Mazi, she's just go-"

"It's not about that!" Mazi hesitates and adds "Mei..."

She reaches for Mei's  hand, taking it into her own hands as if praying "Mei, please be safe."

Mei doesn't pull away but says "What's wrong?"

I know she wants the best for me but... it can get out of control sometimes.

"Please watch out for yourself. Don't trust anybody."

Mei pulls away finally.

"What's going on?" Sho finally asks.

Mazi looks at him "It's nothing."

"Mazi!" He says sternly "If it's that important, say it to us! We're all family."

She's sobbing but under that look... Mei seen it before...

What? Haven't I seen that look before?

It seems as if she's smiling and crying out of laughter.

"Sho, you don't understand!"

"Understand? Understand?! I can't understand anything if you won't tell me!" he finally explodes.

Mazi flinches but keeps arguing with him.

Sho walked into Mei's room and points at Mazi angrily, yelling and arguing.

"Bye, I'm going to leave now." she says softly, strolling the suitcase out of her room.

She pushes a strand of her hair behind her ear calmly while hearing her parents argue.

"I'll.." Mei opens the front door "visit sometime soon." and shuts the door.

I thought that was a bad prologue, it doesn't explain much but I tried at least.