Chapter Eighteen

"The day just gets better as time passes by." Aoi muttered, walking over to the kitchen in the dorm.

Yuzu widened her eyes, suddenly feeling gloomy and looked at her feet which were covered by socks, lowering her eyelids.

Mei and Haruto looked surprised and pulled away from each other quickly.

"Y-Yuzu! Aoi!" Haruto looked nervous "It's not what-" On the other hand, Mei looked away.

Yuzu fanned her hands at the two of them, smiling which was hard "I need to use the restroom."

She rushed to the bathroom door, dropping all the grocery bags by the wall and shut herself inside the bathroom.

She walked over to the sink, using her hands as support on the sides of the sink  to balance herself while looking at the mirror.

Yuzu stared at herself in the mirror, furrowing her eyebrows down and looked down.

What's this feeling called again... Shoot, I forgot to lock the door!

Suddenly the doorknob turned and somebody entered, closing the door behind them and locking it.

Yuzu almost slipped her hands off, startled "Mei! What if I was actually using the bathroom?"

Mei, the person who entered ignored that comment and looked straight into Yuzu's eyes "That was not what it seemed like!"

She raised an eyebrow "Really? Seems like you and Haruto were hugging to me."

Mei was panicking but she didn't know why "I'm not even sure why I'm trying to tell you it was a misunderstanding..."

Yuzu pressed her lips together in disappointment, staring at the bathroom floor.

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me-"

Yuzu walked towards the bathroom door, slightly brushing her shoulder against Mei's shoulder "You know what? It's fine."

~

While they were in the bathroom, Aoi pushed Haruto out of the dorm.

Aoi was heading out now "I'll be back before midnight."

Mei and Yuzu waved to her before she left and now the place was filled with silence you can't even bare with.

Yuzu was lying down on the couch while Mei sat on her bed, reading a book.

"Okog- Yuzu-san, believe me that was a misunderstanding." said Mei while she read her book.

"I don't believe you." Yuzu replied, turning on the TV with the remote and flipped through multiple channels.

She heard ruffles of fabric moving then footsteps coming closer with every step.

Feeling weight on her back, Yuzu turned her head, seeing a figure on top of her.

"H-Hey! What are you-" Yuzu tried to turn her whole body around to try to face Mei but couldn't because Mei sat on her back, resting her hands on Yuzu's shoulders.

Once Yuzu was able to turn her body around on the couch, her head hitting the armrest and her legs dangling from the couch, Mei was now sitting on her stomach, her hands now resting on her waist.

"Why are you doing this?" Yuzu's heart was pounding fast.

Mei averted her gaze somewhere "I... wouldn't mind if I had to do something to make you believe me..." her cheeks were lighting up with a light shade of pink but Yuzu bet her cheeks were more colored "Even if it gets too far.."

sorry for the short chapter!

and vote ;D