Chapter Sixteen

Sorry for the late post, I was lazy and playing some games and also Happy New Years everyone! I hope you will enjoy 2019 ;D

I can't believe I said that in that situation?! Yuzu screamed mentally

Mei and Yuzu... well they both got ice cream.

They were now at the park, sitting at a bench under the tree where some joggers waved at them.

Mei licked her chocolate ice cream while Yuzu stared at her melting vanilla ice cream.

"Not going to eat that?" she heard Mei say as she already finished her cone as well.

"Do you.. wanna eat it?"

Mei shrugged her shoulders "Sure. It has been a while since I've eaten ice cream."

Yuzu handed her the ice cream "Okay. Do you just want to head back after you're done?"

Mei nodded, lickiing her ice cream at the same time and said "I'll try to eat this quick."

She laughed slightly "No, it's fine." leaning her head back in the shade under the tree then looked over at Mei, smiling warmly "I want to get to know you better."

Mei frowned a little, looking away while eating her ice cream.

A question popped into Yuzu's mind and she blurted out "Have you been in any relationship other with Souhi-san?"

Mei stopped licking the ice cream and turned to look at Yuzu "Yes. I have been in many." which made Yuzu feel disappointed "How about you?"

Yuzu sighed "Well, I have been in a few but.. there was this person a few years back... he was wealthy and cute but he had a good personality-" she stuttered, waving her hands everywhere "Sorry! I just ramble about my relationships in the past."

Mei finished eating the ice cream and licked her fingers which Yuzu never seen her do that before.

Yuzu would see that Mei usually often uses a napkin or wash her hands.

"What?"

She found herself staring at Mei for a while and averted her gaze, not saying anything.

Then Yuzu stood up, turning her head to see if Mei was coming "You coming?"

She replied with a 'yes'

Yuzu started to walk ahead towards the direction of their dorm rooms as Mei was a few steps behind thinking:

Is Oshigo Haruto her ex? That's how Okogi described him... Should I be concerned about that?

~

Yuzu opened the door and in the doorway, they heard Aoi's voice muttering "Shut up, Oshigo!"

Haruto stuttered as if he was afraid of her "B-But they're in the doorway!"

Her back was facing Mei and Yuzu so she didn't know.

Aoi turned around to see while holding her phone in one hand "Oh, hey you guys! I was gonna call you two since you both left without a warning."

Yuzu laughed "Sorry about that, Aoi."

She walked over to Haruto and Aoi as Mei placed down her bag.

Haruto leaned in Yuzu's ear, whispering something which made them both snicker.

Mei had noticed that and had one of her eyebrows raise a little while Aoi was squatting down by the pantry to look for some food even though she and Haruto had just been at a cafe.

Aoi stood up, looking at Yuzu "Can we go buy some food?"

Yuzu looked at her "I just bought food a few hours ago though."

Aoi leaned on the kitchen counter "I knoowww, sorry about that. But I just remembered a food I wanted to buy."

She sighed and grabbed her purse "Let's go."

Aoi smiled brightly "Thanks, Yuzu!" She ran to Yuzu who opened the door.

Yuzu slipped on her shoes and grabbed Aoi's hand "We'll be back soon." then closed the door.

~

Haruto got comfortable without Aoi being there and sat at the sofa/couch.

Mei walked towards the sofa/couch and sat next to him.

"What are you-"

"I have a question." Mei interrupted him.

"-Okay, go ahead."

She stared into his pale blue eyes which looked back "Are you Yuzu's ex?"

Haruto thought about what he had heard then started to laugh out loud.

"Did I say something wrong?" Mei was clearly embarrassed and she could feel her ears turn red.

He tried to stop laughing but couldn't "I'm-I'm sorry!"

He started to laugh more which made Mei more embarrassed and annoyed, like how Aoi is always with him.

A few minutes later, Haruto is still laughing.

Once he cooled down, he used his index finger to wipe a tear from his eyes "I'm sorry.."

Mei folded her arms "What is it?"

Haruto laughed a little but not as much "I'm not Yuzu's ex. I'm her brother."

random pic not even related to this lol