Chapter 8

Please don't comment about other characters' personalities! That'd almost be like a spoiler, thanks!

Betrothed?" Aoi replied, shocked at the news.

Kaito Souhi, Mei's betrothed one nodded and looked at Mei while one of his hands were on her shoulder.

She looked uncomfortable and looked down.

Yuzu frowns a little "Why are you betrothed to each other?"

Kaito releases his grip on Mei's shoulder and looked into her emerald eyes "My, so much questions."

She starts fiddling with her hands behind her back "I'm wondering."

He sighs and pushes up his glasses with his index finger, annoyed "Because her grandparents and my parents signed a contract for us to be together."

Yuzu closes her eyes for a second, annoyed as well before Aoi grabs her and pulls her into a empty closet.

The closet was big enough for one person but not two.

They had to get close to each other and Yuzu could smell her faint vanilla scent:

"Wh-!"

"Shh! They're busy and we're busy talking."

Yuzu lowers her voice into a whisper "What?"

"You know... Souhi? He kinda... seems dangerous..." then added "and pervy."

They both look out at the opened crack in the door and Mei was rubbing her arm while Kaito was staring at her thighs.

Yuzu shrugs "Maybe."

Then Aoi adds "I'm worried about Mei. Even though we haven't known her very long, she seems like a nice person."

Yuzu lets out a breath "We shouldn't butt into her business, Aoi."

"I know... but she knows we're here for her, right?"

Yuzu hesitates then nods "Yeah, I agree."

They both nod at each other but bumps their head, causing the both to put a hand on their forehead and rub it in pain.

Yuzu opens the door and gets out, then Aoi before shutting the door.

The closet was in the bedrooms and the front door were straight ahead away so Aoi could've walked to Yuzu and back to the closet without anybody noticing.

Mei spots them heading for the both of Kaito and Mei straight ahead and Mei rushes to Yuzu and Aoi then hiding behind Yuzu.

"H-Hey!"

Mei hid behind her and grips onto her uniform shirt tightly.

This is the first time I've ever seen her so defenseless.

Kaito steps out in front of him but looks at his watch then turns around, his back facing the three and he looks back just moving his head "We'll deal with this another time... Mei." his tone very dangerous and annoyed.

Mei narrowed her eyebrows but gripped onto Yuzu's uniform tighter that she could even feel her fingernails digging into her skin.

Kaito opens the door then walks out into the hallway and shuts the door once he was out there.