Chapter Twenty-One

I guess I had writers block or I was just too lazy to write it?

Everything... was so quiet now.

It was dinner, Mei and Yuzu sat at the table, eating some dinner.

It was awkward for Yuzu atleast and she sighed, moving her food all around.

The nice, fresh breeze came inside from nighttime then suddenly gave Yuzu shivers.

Aoi wasn't here at the dorm yet because of her work and she canceled the night for her and Yuzu because of that.

~

"Well, I'm sorry, Yuzu! I have a lot of work to do." said Aoi, sympathetic.

"...I'm sorry for bothering you, Aoi." Yuzu stared at her phone screen.

"Wait, Yuz-"

Yuzu ended the call before she could say no more.

Mei came out of the bathroom fully dressed, a towel wrapped around her shoulders "Was that Aoi?"

She nodded, lowering her eyelids "She's not coming back for the night."

"Oh..." Mei walked to the kitchen "Let's make some dinner?"

~

Yuzu rubbed her nose, sweating a lot even though there was a cool breeze blowing the curtains inside.

She started to sneeze a lot "I'm- going to- bed-!"

"Are you okay?" said Mei, placing the plates in the sink, not bothering to wash them.

"Yes.." Yuzu started to sneeze and wipe off the sweat off her forehead.

She lazily walked over to her bed, when only halfway-

Their beds were lined up with medium sized spaces in between (think of a medium sized space) and Yuzu was in the middle, making both beds sandwiching her. Meaning Aoi and Mei's were on each on her side.

"Are you alright?" Mei rushed to her, grabbing her wrist.

Yuzu used her free hand as support to lean on a nearby wall and laughed "No worries. This happens every year in the summer. I have the worst allergies."

She realized she was gripping her wrist maybe a little too hard and let go.

Yuzu got to her bed, tucking herself under the blankets, feeling too cold.

But underneath the blanket, she was on fire.

Mei got in comfortably in her bed after realizing Yuzu had really bad allergies.

Yuzu turned to stare at the blank ceiling.

Which she couldn't see since it was so dark outside and inside also.

She let out a few huffed breaths, turning to her sides and turned to the side which Mei was sleeping.

"Okogi? Do you need some medication?" said Mei, still awake.

Yuzu felt her forehead which seems NORMAAL to her "No, I'm good."

She heard a few footsteps coming her way and a warm hand on her forehead then "You're burning! I'll see if there's any medication for you."

Mei turned on some lights and opened a few cabinets.

Yuzu sneezed "I... should have a few... lying around somewhere..."

Mei opened one more cabinet and found a little package full of unopened pills with a subscription page stapled on it "Found it."

She walked over to Yuzu, setting it on the bed "I'll need a wet towel for you."

Mei soon returned with a wet kind of warm and kind of cold towel, just in between and placed it on her forehead which made Yuzu feel relieved and nice.

Yuzu had a sore throat and had to talk the best she could "Why are you doing this?"

Mei ripped open the package of pills, dropping the small package with the pill on her hand, then looked into Yuzu's eyes, smiling "It's the least I could do when you helped me a few weeks ago."

I think... my heart just skipped a beat.

Right, Yuzu remembered helping Mei when she was sick or something.

At that sight of her smiling, Yuzu looked away and changed the subject "Can you hand me the meds?" and held out her hand.

She felt a small package on her palm and read the paper that was on it, widening her eyes as she read it.

Meanwhile, Mei got a glass of water for her to swallow the pill with it in her other hand.

"Open wide, Okogi." Mei said, trying to place the pill on in her mouth.

Yuzu turned a bright shade of red, sweat dropping down from her chin "Aihara... this isn't meant for me to swallow.."