Chapter Twenty

Yuzu left the office, staggering to the side and leaning on a wall for support.

What.. the hell did he tell me?!

She let out a gasp once a hand plopped down on her shoulders "Yuzu, you okay?"

It was Aoi.

She wore some casual clothes, a tank top and some shorts in the CEO and was holding stacks of papers in her free hand.

Yuzu was about to say something until what Mark Ichino, her boss had said:

"No one must ever know this, Yuzu."

She had learned the secret of the Aihara family.

The CEO had been watching them for years so far, staying cautious.

"I'm good, Aoi. Thank you." Yuzu smiled.

Aoi removed her hand from Yuzu's shoulders "Okay... I'll see you later in the dorm... Don't forget our day together!" and waved with a hand before turning in a corner.

Yuzu rubbed her head once Aoi turned and bit her lip then sighed.

~

Yuzu widened her eyes at the information, slamming her hands on the desk "Why are you telling me this?!"

Mark rubbed his temples "It makes more sense that the person who does the missions should know what's going on. I entrust you to keep this info a secret, am I correct?"

She slowly slid down in her seat "Yes.."

Her heart was beating so quick.

It was like that time with Mei...

The kiss they shared...

Her heart was pounding so quick and thoughts burned into her mind.

Mark laced his hands together "You are one of the top agents here, Okogi." now using her surname "You should know the reason why I chose you for this job."

"It was because... of my parents." she looked away.

Mark suddenly looked guilty "I'm so sorry. I brought that up."

"It's fine... You're not at fault anyway... Did Mei really have a s-"

Mark put a finger on his mouth, cautious "Shh!! Someone might be spying on us!"

Yuzu rubbed her forehead "I can't- I don't get this. It's all too confusing."

"It may be confusing at first but I'll give you more intel on this soon. I'll see you tomorrow."

She nodded, standing up from the chair and bowed to him before staggering out of the room.

~

Mei-san.... Shouldn't she atleast know? That...