|*| Fifty |*|

|*| I can't believe there're fifty parts to this story this is some crazy shit I remember thinking I'd end it at like chapter 20 but lol this is going on forever (me from the future: yeah it sure is...) |*|

Birthdays have always been a huge ordeal in the Whitman household. Regor and Vega would try to outshine all of their relatives and put on the best party for their children. They threw parties that made the cousins jealous and the aunts and uncles embarrassed.

When Nash was born, Regor and Vega went all out with balloons and streamers and party hats. They made food to serve an entire country and left the entire family awaiting his second birthday.

When Aquila turned three, her parents set off fireworks from their wands into the air at night, outdoing anything the rest of the family had done for their children.

The last birthday Aquila spent with her parents (her 10th birthday) Regor and Vega rented a hippogriff and gave all of the guests rides around the countryside by their house.

But nothing her parents had ever done ever compared to what Cedric had surprised her with.

He set up an empty classroom with color changing streamers and levitating balloons. Bright green and yellow party hats automatically floated onto everyone's head, and the portrait of a man by the name of Sir Conners was even ready for the party.

Once Aquila walked in, Sir Conners hollered out, "SURPRISE!"

Aquila, smiled at her boyfriend, and he said, "I remembered."

"You asshole," Aquila said through a smile. "You had me freaking out that you forgot!"

"Please," Ethan said, standing next to Cedric. "All he's been talking about for weeks now was this bloody party."

Suddenly, a yellow hat landed on Aquila's head. "This is amazing!" she cheered. "You've outdone every single birthday ever!" She pulled Cedric in for a hug, and Ethan let out a loud cough.

"Do you need to see Madam Promfrey?" Aquila asked.

|*|*|*|

"Happy birthday!"

The Weasley twins weren't ones to miss out on a party. Fred and George wandered into the room with a few more friends. By a "few" they meant almost everyone in Gryffindor and anyone they ever talked to.

The entire Quidditch team and the commentator Lee Jordan came bearing gifts. Neville and Jennifer and Jennifer's friends. Cedric even went out of his way to invite Carlos, Alexis, and even Abby.

Somehow, even Harry, Ron, and Hermione showed up.

"At first they weren't going to come," Neville told Ethan, "but I changed their minds."

"I just hope Aquila doesn't murder them," Ethan said.

And from across the room Aquila was trying very hard not to murder Neville for inviting them.

"He didn't mean any harm by it," Jennifer Trelawney, Neville's girlfriend, told her. "He was just trying to be nice."

"I won't murder anyone today," Aquila decided. "I'd rather not be tossed into Azkaban on my birthday."

"BUTTERBEERS ALL AROUND!" The Weasley twins hollered, standing on a table.

"Hell yeah!" Aquila shouted. She ran over to the twins and snatched the cup from George's hand.

"Hey!" he pouted as she drank the whole glass in one gulp. "That was mine!"

"Now it's mine," Aquila said. "A refill please, Georgie."

"No," George argued.

"It's my birthday, eyebrow sweat! Get me a bloody refill!" Aquila yelled, scaring him.

He fell from the desk and quickly went to refill her butterbeer. Fred was laughing from beside her.

"I was originally going to take yours," Aquila said to him, "but I thought you could go share it with that lonely girl over there." Aquila pointed to Alexis who was sitting in the corner of the room.

"What if Abby sees us?" Fred asked.

"I'll take care of her," Aquila said. "Think of it as an early birthday gift."

"I'm still getting a gift on time, right?" he asked.

"Go!" Aquila said, nudging him toward Alexis. "Go, Sir Freddy, on your noble quest to save the Princess Lexi!"

"I will go to her, Lady Aquila," Fred said. "I will not fail you."

"You'd better not," she said. "It's my birthday."

|*|*|*|

No matter how hard Aquila tried to avoid Lightning Scar, Chess Boy, and Smartypants, she still ran into them. There was no way not to acknowledge their presence.

"Hey, Li-Harry," Aquila greeted cheerfully. "Ron. Hermione."

"Aquila," Hermione returned her greeting.

"Nice party," Ron said through mouthfuls of food.

"Thanks," Aquila said, "it was all Cedric's doing."

Ethan obnoxiously coughed behind her.

"Yep, allll Cedric," she repeated.

"We were just heading out," Harry said.

"Good riddance," Aquila muttered. She then corrected herself, "I meant, Goodbye. Goodbye lovely children. Goodbye!"

|*|*|*|

"You've gotta give me some credit!" Ethan demanded. "I actually did most of the planning here!"

"Yeah, sure you did," Aquila said.

"I did!"

Aquila laughed, "I know that, Eth!"

"I did-! Wait, what!?" Ethan's jaw dropped.

"Bring it in, buddy," she said, opening her arms for a hug.

"No way am I hugging you," he said sassily.

"You can't deny me a hug, Ethan. It's my birthday."

"Why does that guilt trip work on me?" he asked as he pulled her into a hug.

"It works on everyone, Ethan," she whispered. "Everyone."

|*| well damn |*|