12: noodles

Jennie's POV

5:18PM

The sun was beginning to set as Lisa brought us to eat streetfood.

We could still hear the distant sounds of the amusement park from here.

"Hey how about that one!" Lisa pointed to a noodle stall amongst the others.

"Sure. I'm fine with anything." I said and smiled as i wrapped myself on her arm.

Lisa ordered two piping hot bowls of noodles that were served to us by a halmoni. We sat on the plastic stools in the tent as the steam rose up from the bowls which smelled delightful.

 We sat on the plastic stools in the tent as the steam rose up from the bowls which smelled delightful

"Mmm it smells great." I commented.

"Right? Streetfood is the best." Lisa agreed chuckling.

"You guys look great together. Are you dating?" The halmoni asked smiling, she looked youthful despite the wrinkles on her face.

"Yes we are. This beautiful woman here is my girlfriend." Lisa replied reaching for my hand and stroking it with her thumb lovingly.

I felt a thousand butterflies in my stomach as i stared into the eyes of my lover and found her gazing back at me with so much love visible. God, she's perfect. How many lives did i even save in my past life to deserve this person infront of me now?

"You guys are really sweet. I remember when i was your age i was just as crazy about my husband." She shared and chuckled. "Love is so good when love is young." She finished wiping the table next to us and walked away with the tray as another customer entered the tent.

"Lisa?" I called getting her attention.

"Hmm?" She replied still holding onto my hand.

"Shall we eat? The noodles are going to get cold." I said giggling softly.

"Right, the noodles. Dig in baby, then after this we can finally go see the christmas event that you so wanted to go." Lisa said releasing my hand so that we can eat our noodles.

"Waa mashiseyo!" I complimented giving a thumbs up sign. Lisa just shook her head and smiled at my silliness.

Halfway through the bowl Lisa suddenly spoke.
"Hey Jen... did you know... eating too much noodles is bad for you?"

"Huh..?" I said confusedly while still slurping on my noodles.

"I once knew this boy from my highschool in Thailand, he was obsessed with noodles. He would eat noodles everyday. For breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nothing but noodles." Lisa revealed.

"Uh huh.. what happened to him?" I asked raising a brow now very curious.

"Yeah i was curious too, like what could possibly happen if you ate too much noodles right? So i asked a senior about it. And guess what? I found out that the boy had died because of noodles!" Lisa said with a serious expression.

I frowned. I wouldn't eat milk ice cream for every meal no matter how much i liked it. Poor boy i guess he didn't really enjoy eating other food.

"And after that i was even more curious. Was noodles really the cause of his death? I decided to investigate further." Lisa continued.

I put my chopsticks down and listened to her story intently.

"Indeed after asking around more and searching through newspaper articles, i found out that the boy did really die because of noodles. So this is the story......

.......he was going to a nearby food stall after school one day to buy noodles as usual....

..........when a car bumped into him––– and he died."

Lisa finished the story.

We stared at each other and held eye contact for a few seconds, then we burst out laughing.

"Yaaahhh! What the heck Lisayah! I thought he died from eating too much noodles? You're such a dork oh my gosh." I laughed grasping my stomach as Lisa threw her head back laughing like a kid.

I shook my head and from my peripheral vision i saw people in the tent staring at us weirdly so i quickly covered both our mouths trying to hush ourselves. Which didn't really help because we just giggled madly behind my palm.

We spent the rest of the time finishing the noodles and exchanging small jokes here and there. It was like getting to know each other again, which for my case was kind of necessary since i still can't recall anything about her.

***

Lisa's POV

5:59PM

"Are you excited?" I asked.

We were walking hand in hand towards the ticket booth for the christmas event. Light snowflakes fell from the sky and onto the ground. The landscape was dotted with lit cabins in the far distance and a cheery jingle could be heard as we approached the place.

"Very much. Although i'm not sure why. Weird because i don't even remember wanting to come here but now that we did i feel sort of complete." Jennie replied smiling.

I sighed. I can never get used to her smile. She was so beautiful and charming in an inexplicable way. If the Goddess Aphrodite had a twin surely she was it. And Taehyung had the nerve to cheat on her. If only all of this was permanent.. if only things wouldn't go back to normal after today. If only... there was a way to stop time and spend forever with this person.

"Lisaa~" Jennie hummed.

"Yes?" I replied snapping out from my thoughts.

"You keep spacing out is everything okay?" Jennie asked worriedly.

I laughed bitterly. Right now i was more than okay, i had the most exquisite woman by my side. But in a couple of hours? I wasn't ready to let everything go. Not after all the things i experienced today. It was too much for me.

"Lis.... shhh it's okay baby.. come here." Jennie widened her eyes as she saw me tearing up suddenly. She took me in a tight embrace as i finally let out the pain i was feeling.

"I love you so much Jennie... I always have." I said choking on my tears.

"Shhh what are you saying Lisa? I know that. And i love you too, always." Jennie replied stroking my hair softly.

If only she knew... that none of this was real. Would she still love me if she knew? Or would she hate me?

God this was too painful.

I hugged her tighter.

Please don't leave me.

——————————————————————————